Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
A little expletive inserted at the right, magical moment: shit, damn, fuck!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
We got a new foster dog today….. I am smitten Heart

[Image: imagejpg1_zpsd6e14a45.jpg]

selfie
[Image: imagejpg2_zps1d7995b6.jpg]

[Image: imagejpg3_zps6da93955.jpg]

The group I am working with rescues from high kill shelters in the south and transports them to the north where they have a better chance of adoption.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Reassurances from my boyfriend that, despite all my worries and nagging little fears, everything really will be okay. Blush Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
04-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Today was a good day; last day of school for the term, I got a decent report (B,A-,B,C) and I got two gems of remarks today at school, hearing which made me smirk.

Figured I might share them, just in case somebody else might enjoy them:

1. As previously mentioned, it's the last day of term, which is actually just as mandatory as any other day. Today there are only two students in homeroom; myself and a girl. My teacher walks in to class, looks around and says "I didn't realise today was optional."

2. I am are in biology taking notes on meiosis, and one of the notes reads: "Gametes only have half the # of chromosomes."
A girl reads it aloud to herself "Gametes only have half the hastag of chromosomes?"
The girl sitting next to her pipes in: "Number. That sign means number."
The response: "Why wouldn't you just write 'number'? I didn't know that meant number!"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-07-2014, 05:52 AM
(04-07-2014 05:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today was a good day; last day of school for the term, I got a decent report (B,A-,B,C) and I got two gems of remarks today at school, hearing which made me smirk.

1. As previously mentioned, it's the last day of term, which is actually just as mandatory as any other day. Today there are only two students in homeroom; myself and a girl. My teacher walks in to class, looks around and says "I didn't realise today was optional."

2. I am are in biology taking notes on meiosis, and one of the notes reads: "Gametes only have half the # of chromosomes."
A girl reads it aloud to herself "Gametes only have half the hastag of chromosomes?"
The response: "Why wouldn't you just write 'number'? I didn't know that meant number!"

So ever talk to the girl in your homeroom?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-07-2014, 05:53 AM
(04-07-2014 05:52 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 05:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today was a good day; last day of school for the term, I got a decent report (B,A-,B,C) and I got two gems of remarks today at school, hearing which made me smirk.

So ever talk to the girl in your homeroom?

No, why would I?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-07-2014, 06:33 AM

Facepalm

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Holidays where every neighbor I have buys the fireworks, and all I gotta do is buy the beer Laugh out load Watch their dollar bills go up in smoke, and multicolored sparks Laughat You can see the town's display from here, too Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-07-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 10:44 AM by TheGulegon.)
Biological explosions Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't think I've ever seen our little kitty passed out so hard. He's usually so anxious and alert that he sleeps with one eye open if there's anyone near him. This melts my heart Heart
[Image: imagejpg1_zps61a9b5fb.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post