Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-07-2014 05:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't think I've ever seen our little kitty passed out so hard. He's usually so anxious and alert that he sleeps with one eye open if there's anyone near him. This melts my heart Heart
[Image: imagejpg1_zps61a9b5fb.jpg]

When I picked up my cat luna like a baby, she fell asleep with her head on my chest. My other cat runs from me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-07-2014, 09:10 PM
(07-07-2014 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 05:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't think I've ever seen our little kitty passed out so hard. He's usually so anxious and alert that he sleeps with one eye open if there's anyone near him. This melts my heart Heart
[Image: imagejpg1_zps61a9b5fb.jpg]

When I picked up my cat luna like a baby, she fell asleep with her head on my chest. My other cat runs from me.

One of my cats loves to 'hug' me if I pick him up; he will actively struggle to get to a position where he can rub his head on my neck and put his paws on my shoulders.
And I'm the only one who can actually pick up my other cat without dealing with an instant struggle.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
(07-07-2014 09:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  When I picked up my cat luna like a baby, she fell asleep with her head on my chest. My other cat runs from me.

One of my cats loves to 'hug' me if I pick him up; he will actively struggle to get to a position where he can rub his head on my neck and put his paws on my shoulders.
And I'm the only one who can actually pick up my other cat without dealing with an instant struggle.

Funny I have my little cat luna on my bed right now. I had to struggle to get her to sleep. Most of the time I pick her up she will battle, but only when she is in heat.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-07-2014, 09:15 PM
(07-07-2014 09:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  When I picked up my cat luna like a baby, she fell asleep with her head on my chest. My other cat runs from me.

One of our dogs is a hugger. She has been since she was little. Will put her paws on your shoulders and place her head beside yours, then move it to the other side, then lay her neck right up over your mouth and nose. Sometimes she makes a low growl that sounds like she is purring. That hugging ritual isn't over till she decides it's over. It's the goofiest thing.

Course Karma is the craziest dog of the three.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM
(07-07-2014 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  One of my cats loves to 'hug' me if I pick him up; he will actively struggle to get to a position where he can rub his head on my neck and put his paws on my shoulders.

One of our dogs is a hugger. She has been since she was little. Will put her paws on your shoulders and place her head beside yours, then move it to the other side, then lay her neck right up over your mouth and nose. Sometimes she makes a low growl that sounds like she is purring. That hugging ritual isn't over till she decides it's over. It's the goofiest thing.

My dog occasionally makes a grunting purr-esque noise if the small of her back or flanks are rubbed. But she doesn't hug, she will rub against me if given the chance though.

She does have an odd habit however; she likes to lick me. Not like a normal dog would though, with Lady it's like an obsessive compulsion; she will actively ignore my attempts at playing with her in favour of just licking me for hours on end if she got the chance; she'll only stop if pushed away or in order to get a drink, and she will immediately try to start again. I love that dog, but I'll admit; it irks me somewhat to try to play with her and instead have my legs covered in dog spit because she decided she didn't want to play tug-o-war or fetch...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-07-2014, 09:59 PM
(07-07-2014 09:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  One of our dogs is a hugger. She has been since she was little. Will put her paws on your shoulders and place her head beside yours, then move it to the other side, then lay her neck right up over your mouth and nose. Sometimes she makes a low growl that sounds like she is purring. That hugging ritual isn't over till she decides it's over. It's the goofiest thing.

My dog occasionally makes a grunting purr-esque noise if the small of her back or flanks are rubbed. But she doesn't hug, she will rub against me if given the chance though.

She does have an odd habit however; she likes to lick me. Not like a normal dog would though, with Lady it's like an obsessive compulsion; she will actively ignore my attempts at playing with her in favour of just licking me for hours on end if she got the chance; she'll only stop if pushed away or in order to get a drink, and she will immediately try to start again. I love that dog, but I'll admit; it irks me somewhat to try to play with her and instead have my legs covered in dog spit because she decided she didn't want to play tug-o-war or fetch...

Must be a thing with dogs named Lady. I refer to our Lady as the 'Tongue With a Dog Attached'. Sweet dog and not usually a problem - but that damn tongue!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Today I restricted Taq's ability to post to once an hour, then Muffin brain egged me on - really trying hard to annoy me and got to the point where I added him to that restriction as well.

I gotta say I feel like smiling now.

Smiling and relaxing...ahhhhhhhhhhhh sweet relief!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 7 users Like DeepThought's post
08-07-2014, 06:57 AM
(08-07-2014 06:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Today I restricted Taq's ability to post to once an hour, then Muffin brain egged me on - really trying hard to annoy me and got to the point where I added him to that restriction as well.

Gotta say, this brings a smile to me face too.
Why wasn't this done before?

08-07-2014, 06:59 AM
(08-07-2014 06:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Today I restricted Taq's ability to post to once an hour, then Muffin brain egged me on - really trying hard to annoy me and got to the point where I added him to that restriction as well.

Gotta say, this brings a smile to me face too.

Hindsight is 20-20. And while the site was busy dealing with ddos I never really had time to relax and enjoy other parts of the forum and able to do other tasks. I was spending my time with other stuff related to the server.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-07-2014, 07:01 AM
(08-07-2014 06:59 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gotta say, this brings a smile to me face too.

Hindsight is 20-20.

"Everyone is a genius in hindsight."