(04-08-2014 10:47 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Mocking hateful bigots

Is that really you with the beard?

Lol no, just an article I found of random people

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My 11 year old daughter, spends an hour in her bedroom, picking out nice clothes, primping her hair, lipgloss, adding jewelry, etc, comes downstairs looking all polished and spiffy. Then I notice that she grabs her soccer cleats and the smelly soccer socks from yesterday to go kick the ball in the field behind the house.

Fun to watch them grow up.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My coworker brought us lunch today. Whenever he happens to be in Fountain Valley he stops by the best banh mi stand in OC: Banh Mi Che Ca Li. Tasty nem nuong and thit nuong.

This guy surprises me endlessly. He's a little older than myself. He was living in Vietnam as a young boy during the war. He remembers the fighting coming close to the town he lived in. I once asked him if it frightened him. He said no. It was way too fascinating. He was actually excited to see it. I never expected such a response but I think it makes sense.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
08-08-2014, 12:24 AM
(05-08-2014 08:37 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My 11 year old daughter, spends an hour in her bedroom, picking out nice clothes, primping her hair, lipgloss, adding jewelry, etc, comes downstairs looking all polished and spiffy. Then I notice that she grabs her soccer cleats and the smelly soccer socks from yesterday to go kick the ball in the field behind the house.

Fun to watch them grow up.

... Females make no sense, regardless of age, it seems.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Lumi's comment on Res Publica's rating page

Quote:Luminon (12) - Last updated 04-08-2014, 11:13 PM

Neutral (0): This guy has a shopping bag of wildly contradictory ideologies. But he seems polite enough and I like the idealism. Always seek out counter-arguments and in a few years you'll be fine.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-08-2014, 10:33 PM
I found something for my grandson's birthday which is at the end of the month. He will be three. He is nuts about Spiderman. Since he goes to his other grandmother's house almost every weekend, I got him a Spiderman rolling suitcase so he can haul all his gear with him.

Also ordered what I need to make Christmas stockings for my son's girlfriend and her daughter. (Just met the girlfriend for the first time last weekend). It's a tradition that I make a personalized stocking for every new member of the family. Guess I know how my next four months will be spent!

Now I need to figure out what to give The Bail as she turns 9 next week. She wants cash to save up for a laptop and that may be exactly what she gets from her Gigi.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-08-2014, 12:26 AM
(08-08-2014 10:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I found something for my grandson's birthday which is at the end of the month. He will be three. He is nuts about Spiderman. Since he goes to his other grandmother's house almost every weekend, I got him a Spiderman rolling suitcase so he can haul all his gear with him.

Also ordered what I need to make Christmas stockings for my son's girlfriend and her daughter. (Just met the girlfriend for the first time last weekend). It's a tradition that I make a personalized stocking for every new member of the family. Guess I know how my next four months will be spent!

Now I need to figure out what to give The Bail as she turns 9 next week. She wants cash to save up for a laptop and that may be exactly what she gets from her Gigi.

Those are awesome gift ideas! With the stockings, do you embroider them or how do customize them? However you do it, I hope you don't injure yourself too many times within the next 4 months! I know I always stab myself with needles sewing or get too close to the damn hot glue.Always get cramps in my hands or wrists. Crafting is a dangerous art form.Dodgy

[Image: notagain.gif]
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Free beer for a Browns-Lions game? Blink
Consider
Ohhh all right! I'll bite Shy

09-08-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 07:53 PM by Anjele.)
(09-08-2014 12:26 AM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 10:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I found something for my grandson's birthday which is at the end of the month. He will be three. He is nuts about Spiderman. Since he goes to his other grandmother's house almost every weekend, I got him a Spiderman rolling suitcase so he can haul all his gear with him.

Those are awesome gift ideas! With the stockings, do you embroider them or how do customize them? However you do it, I hope you don't injure yourself too many times within the next 4 months! I know I always stab myself with needles sewing or get too close to the damn hot glue.Always get cramps in my hands or wrists. Crafting is a dangerous art form.Dodgy

I will see if I can find some pictures of others I have made. They are felt, all hand sewn with embroidery and sequins and are personalized. They are pretty cool and a labor of love.

Okay, that was a tough search as I didn't want pics with people in them. I removed a lot of pics from photobucket of the kids and grandkids so that they could no longer be seen here.

Here are a few, I have done about eight more and those are much more intricate - one is Santa on a Harley and it's really awesome!

[img][Image: PC243225_zpsca110236.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: PC243226_zpsaa8de557.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

09-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Bumped up for Suzanne.