Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-08-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(09-08-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 12:26 AM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Those are awesome gift ideas! With the stockings, do you embroider them or how do customize them? However you do it, I hope you don't injure yourself too many times within the next 4 months! I know I always stab myself with needles sewing or get too close to the damn hot glue.Always get cramps in my hands or wrists. Crafting is a dangerous art form.Dodgy

I will see if I can find some pictures of others I have made. They are felt, all hand sewn with embroidery and sequins and are personalized. They are pretty cool and a labor of love.

Okay, that was a tough search as I didn't want pics with people in them. I removed a lot of pics from photobucket of the kids and grandkids so that they could no longer be seen here.

Here are a few, I have done about eight more and those are much more intricate - one is Santa on a Harley and it's really awesome!

[img][Image: PC243225_zpsca110236.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: PC243226_zpsaa8de557.jpg][/img]

Ohmy Oh my god! These are incredibly cute! Big Grin You could tell a lot of lovin' and hard work went into these :nod: Actually, if you hadn't told me that you made them, I would have thought you bought them! And I see that Pooh is popular in your family?

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 08:46 PM
(09-08-2014 05:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Free beer for a Browns-Lions game? Blink
Consider
Ohhh all right! I'll bite Shy

Free beer? I'm jealous, I should head off to that Browns-Lions game! I can pretend to like sports for free alcohol!

[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
09-08-2014, 08:48 PM
(09-08-2014 08:44 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I will see if I can find some pictures of others I have made. They are felt, all hand sewn with embroidery and sequins and are personalized. They are pretty cool and a labor of love.

Okay, that was a tough search as I didn't want pics with people in them. I removed a lot of pics from photobucket of the kids and grandkids so that they could no longer be seen here.

Here are a few, I have done about eight more and those are much more intricate - one is Santa on a Harley and it's really awesome!

[img][Image: PC243225_zpsca110236.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: PC243226_zpsaa8de557.jpg][/img]

Ohmy Oh my god! These are incredibly cute! Big Grin You could tell a lot of lovin' and hard work went into these :nod: Actually, if you hadn't told me that you made them, I would have thought you bought them! And I see that Pooh is popular in your family?

My thing is that every baby needs a Winnie the Pooh! I have moved away from the Pooh theme, those were some of the first I ever did. If I can dig up one of Santa on the Harley I will post it...otherwise I will dig it out of the closet and get a shot of it. It's really cool - I actually made two of those.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2014, 09:01 PM
(09-08-2014 08:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 08:44 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Ohmy Oh my god! These are incredibly cute! Big Grin You could tell a lot of lovin' and hard work went into these :nod: Actually, if you hadn't told me that you made them, I would have thought you bought them! And I see that Pooh is popular in your family?

My thing is that every baby needs a Winnie the Pooh! I have moved away from the Pooh theme, those were some of the first I ever did. If I can dig up one of Santa on the Harley I will post it...otherwise I will dig it out of the closet and get a shot of it. It's really cool - I actually made two of those.

Oh yes, every baby needs Winnie the Pooh! Though it's good to change things up too. A Harley? That sounds really cool! Sounds like you have a nice range of what you make which is good. Not only does each person get something new but you also don't get bored with what you do! That's my thing with crochet, I love it but after the first thirty or so rows, I get bored of the same stitches over and over again.

09-08-2014, 09:37 PM
(09-08-2014 08:46 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Free beer? I'm jealous, I should head off to that Browns-Lions game! I can pretend to like sports for free alcohol!

Trust me, you'll need it to watch the Lions play.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-08-2014, 09:49 PM
[Image: WIN_20140809_151240_zpscce4e58e.jpg]

Heart

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-08-2014, 09:51 PM
(09-08-2014 09:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: WIN_20140809_151240_zpscce4e58e.jpg]

Heart

Blush Hug

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-08-2014, 02:02 AM
So; this just occurred:

My mother's de facto was talking to one of our cats, who was staring intently out the window:
Him: "What's the matter boy, is there a crow in the tree? That a crow in our tree?"
Me: *poke my head around to look through the window* "That's not a crow."
Him: "Yes it is!"
Me: "Crows don't appear in Adelaide. That is a Raven, probably a Little Raven."
Him and mum: "Well you email the Adelaide Crows and tell them that their name is wrong! Tell them that crows don't appear in Adelaide so they can piss off."
Me: "I doubt they care whether their name is a misnomer or not."
They continue their typical 'pseudo-hazing' (which they do all the time...) and I go off to my room, a few minutes pass and I send my mother the following:
"To follow up:
Crow and raven both refer to distinct species within the Corvid genus: Australia have 5 native Corvids; 3 raven and 2 crow.
The crows native to australia are: Torresian Crow:
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Corvus-orru
And the Little Crow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_crow_(bird)
Compare to two 'prime' Ravens:
The Australian Raven:
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/...coronoides
And the Little Raven:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_raven

Neither crow species appears in Adelaide under normal circumstances.
"

My mother replied shortly after: "Yes, I know. I looked it up."

I will this round!

And yes; I know that the difference between crows and ravens is practically nil and consequently a fairly petty thing to argue, but I give no shits. Perhaps it would be a good lesson for them to actually give me respect when it comes to shit I know and they don't.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-08-2014, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 01:37 PM by TheGulegon.)
(09-08-2014 08:46 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Free beer for a Browns-Lions game? Blink
Consider
Ohhh all right! I'll bite Shy

Free beer? I'm jealous, I should head off to that Browns-Lions game! I can pretend to like sports for free alcohol!

Would have been glad to have ya! Shy
My friend in Blue Springs only recently found out he gets the NFL network "free" as part of his DirecTV service (or something like that; Guley doesn't ask questions when free beer is mentioned Tongue ), and was so happy he wanted a drunken NFL Saturday night, and told me I didn't have to BYOB. But it was a Browns-Lions game Undecided I can't remember but it was like a 12-13 game... lame!

But at some point me, him, and his wife started singing that song Sail by Awolnation, except we left out all the lyrics, and changed Sail to Fail, every time somebody screwed up, or sucked out Laugh out load

oooh-ooooooh.... FAIL!
do do do doooh.... FAIL!

^^^^ the little things, eh? Laugh out load

10-08-2014, 02:38 PM
(10-08-2014 01:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 08:46 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Free beer? I'm jealous, I should head off to that Browns-Lions game! I can pretend to like sports for free alcohol!

Would have been glad to have ya! Shy
My friend in Blue Springs only recently found out he gets the NFL network "free" as part of his DirecTV service (or something like that; Guley doesn't ask questions when free beer is mentioned Tongue ), and was so happy he wanted a drunken NFL Saturday night, and told me I didn't have to BYOB. But it was a Browns-Lions game Undecided I can't remember but it was like a 12-13 game... lame!

But at some point me, him, and his wife started singing that song Sail by Awolnation, except we left out all the lyrics, and changed Sail to Fail, every time somebody screwed up, or sucked out Laugh out load

oooh-ooooooh.... FAIL!
do do do doooh.... FAIL!

^^^^ the little things, eh? Laugh out load

Man, that sounds really cool! Nothing better than alcohol and laughing at someone's failure with friends! All those fine little things in life Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post