Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-08-2014, 06:21 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Was in the pool late yesterday and watched a hummingbird going from flower to flower. The first one I have seen since moving here. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 09:08 AM
These assholes.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like MrsFarrow's post
16-08-2014, 03:56 PM
(16-08-2014 06:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was in the pool late yesterday and watched a hummingbird going from flower to flower. The first one I have seen since moving here. Smile

Really? I see hummingbird turf wars were I live.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-08-2014, 03:57 PM
(16-08-2014 03:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 06:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was in the pool late yesterday and watched a hummingbird going from flower to flower. The first one I have seen since moving here. Smile

Really? I see hummingbird turf wars were I live.

There was only one - so no war.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-08-2014, 04:22 PM
(16-08-2014 03:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 03:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Really? I see hummingbird turf wars were I live.

There was only one - so no war.

Well to be fair my neighbors have a feeder.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-08-2014, 06:20 AM
(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 03:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There was only one - so no war.

Well to be fair my neighbors have a feeder.

Sounds like it's time to introduce a bevy of cats, hawks and owls into the area.

That ought to sort of those damn hummingbirds.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Donuts! Glazed donuts!
A whole gawdam box full of 'em Drooling

17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
(17-08-2014 06:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well to be fair my neighbors have a feeder.

Sounds like it's time to introduce a bevy of cats, hawks and owls into the area.

We have plenty of hawks and buzzards. Though I don't see the buzzards as often any more. My cat will have to stay inside since two of mine didn't survive the damn coyotes. Dodgy

17-08-2014, 02:30 PM
(17-08-2014 06:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well to be fair my neighbors have a feeder.

Cats never catch them, hummingbirds fight and win against hawks due to the fact the have more mobility and are harder to hit, and owls come out at night hummingbirds don't. That animal behavior class will be amazing.

17-08-2014, 02:48 PM
(17-08-2014 02:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 06:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sounds like it's time to introduce a bevy of cats, hawks and owls into the area.

Cats never catch them, hummingbirds fight and win against hawks due to the fact the have more mobility and are harder to hit, and owls come out at night hummingbirds don't. That animal behavior class will be amazing.

The 'hummingbird society' and yourself are at disagreement then.
On their site, they claim that cats, domestic and feral are significant hummingbird killers. There are recorded incidents of hawks successfully hunting hummingbirds too, though they have also been recorded to fight back.
Apparently, praying mantises have been known to kill hummingbirds too...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.