Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-08-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(17-08-2014 02:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 02:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Cats never catch them, hummingbirds fight and win against hawks due to the fact the have more mobility and are harder to hit, and owls come out at night hummingbirds don't. That animal behavior class will be amazing.

The 'hummingbird society' and yourself are at disagreement then.
On their site, they claim that cats, domestic and feral are significant hummingbird killers. There are recorded incidents of hawks successfully hunting hummingbirds too, though they have also been recorded to fight back.
Apparently, praying mantises have been known to kill hummingbirds too...

You must also remember hummingbird species as well. Ruby throats tend to fight everything, even wasp. Praying mantises are not large here. I have seen cats hunt hummingbirds, and they usually fail. Recorded incident=/= efficient in hunting. Orcas have been recorded to eat great whites, does not mean the orca usually wins when they meet. So just because hawks have caught humming birds before does not mean hawks are great humming bird hunters. Humming birds usually win.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I just ate a whole sleeve of Pilsbury cookie dough.

No regrets.
[+] 6 users Like MrsFarrow's post
19-08-2014, 07:04 PM
My sweet puppy makes me smile every day.

[Image: 2vcxt0g.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2014, 07:39 PM
[img][Image: P4070079_zpsfee194f5.jpg][/img]

I see your sweet puppy and raise you one more. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Listening to the most awesome version of Oscar Peterson's Night Train ever...

I've got tears...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-08-2014, 08:11 PM
New glasses. Gonna take some getting used to progressive lenses. But I can read both near and far quite well now which is most welcome.

[Image: 6e3enyhu.jpg]

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 7 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
19-08-2014, 08:12 PM
(19-08-2014 08:11 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  New glasses. Gonna take some getting used to progressive lenses. But I can read both near and far quite well now which is most welcome.

Once you get used to progessives you will wonder how you got along without them! Love them - I have had them for years and they keep getting better with the technology.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-08-2014, 08:14 PM
(19-08-2014 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:11 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  New glasses. Gonna take some getting used to progressive lenses. But I can read both near and far quite well now which is most welcome.

Once you get used to progessives you will wonder how you got along without them! Love them - I have had them for years and they keep getting better with the technology.

I put them on and at first was real excited...until I noticed how distorted things got in the periphery. Walked out to the back yard and got mildly disoriented. Gonna take time. But looking at my phone is no longer feeling like a strain. I can appreciate Retina Display again! Yay!

19-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Lookin good Cardinal! Thumbsup I like the style you picked, those accents on the end are a nice touch.

I'm scared to death of the day I may need those wonky lenses... Don't make me do it!!! Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-08-2014, 09:13 PM
(19-08-2014 08:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Lookin good Cardinal! Thumbsup I like the style you picked, those accents on the end are a nice touch.

I'm scared to death of the day I may need those wonky lenses... Don't make me do it!!! Sadcryface

Stave it off as long as you can! Eat ALL the carrots!