Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-09-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-09-2014 08:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 08:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You know. That creative, imagination based part of your brain needs exercise too.

Science requires some imagination you know.

Right....science makes up for it....

*sigh* Its obviously your choice. But you are stunting yourself, to be honest. At least in my opinion.

At least you read something. Thats a silver lining.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-09-2014, 08:59 AM
While being knowledgeable on fact-based topics is important. It's equally important to be well-rounded. Even if you don't realize it when you read you learn things, unless you read Twilight...yeah, there's nothing there of value.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
(07-09-2014 08:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While being knowledgeable on fact-based topics is important. It's equally important to be well-rounded. Even if you don't realize it when you read you learn things, unless you read Twilight...yeah, there's nothing there of value.

You learn what a crap novel is. YesYes
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-09-2014, 09:01 AM
(07-09-2014 08:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While being knowledgeable on fact-based topics is important. It's equally important to be well-rounded. Even if you don't realize it when you read you learn things, unless you read Twilight...yeah, there's nothing there of value.

What can I learn from a novel?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM

Well there are good books and there is Twilight.

Kind of like there is Cosmos and there is Jersey Shore.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM
(07-09-2014 09:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

You learn what a crap novel is. YesYes

Good response.

And that's why I have never read any of that series.

Vampires simply do not sparkle, damnit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-09-2014, 09:03 AM
(07-09-2014 09:01 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

What can I learn from a novel?

I answered this already.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-09-2014, 09:03 AM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...s-empathy/

How about empathy? You often struggle with understanding people, at your own admission.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-09-2014, 09:05 AM
(07-09-2014 09:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...s-empathy/

How about empathy? You often struggle with understanding people, at your own admission.

I can learn empathy by playing a video game, or talking to people as well.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM
(07-09-2014 09:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 09:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You learn what a crap novel is. YesYes

Good response.

And that's why I have never read any of that series.

Vampires simply do not sparkle, damnit.

I read it because I wanted to know what the hype was about. Oi. Lol. Maybe you just have to be a horny 13 year old to understand the value.