Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2014, 11:37 AM
(12-09-2014 03:07 AM)Dee Wrote:  There is an even smaller American toad in my patio now; the large one also remains. They make me smile, and they make my cats crazy.

I don't know where they come from as the patio is fenced and cemented. I do have potted plants on the patio and once uncovered one. I don't use a spade anymore, only my hands, when I dig in the soil.

Disclaimer: no toads or other animals were hurt during my gardening endeavors or during the cats interaction with the toads.

We used to get toads at our old place. Our dog used to pick them up and carry them around in her mouth. Maybe she was addicted. She'd foam at the mouth for a few hours and stare into space and be generally unresponsive.

I've never tried them.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(11-09-2014 11:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 05:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  When it comes to video games if you don't mention this

[Image: MegaGallade_thumb.jpg]

I don't give a fuck

So, what you are saying is, that you are irrationally close minded regarding video games, unless Pokemen is involved.

I am irrationally close minded unless mega gallade is involved.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-09-2014, 04:29 PM
(12-09-2014 11:37 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  We used to get toads at our old place. Our dog used to pick them up and carry them around in her mouth. Maybe she was addicted. She'd foam at the mouth for a few hours and stare into space and be generally unresponsive.

I've never tried them.

Were you toad not to?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM
(12-09-2014 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 11:37 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  We used to get toads at our old place. Our dog used to pick them up and carry them around in her mouth. Maybe she was addicted. She'd foam at the mouth for a few hours and stare into space and be generally unresponsive.

I've never tried them.

Were you toad not to?

*groan*

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-09-2014, 04:47 PM
(12-09-2014 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I've never tried them.

Were you toad not to?

This comedic travesty is nearly worthy of neg rep. We shall let it pass...this time. We are not amused, sirrah.

12-09-2014, 04:50 PM
(12-09-2014 04:47 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Were you toad not to?

This comedic travesty is nearly worthy of neg rep. We shall let it pass...this time. We are not amused, sirrah.

[Image: h99FC19EF]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2014, 04:51 PM
(12-09-2014 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 04:47 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  This comedic travesty is nearly worthy of neg rep. We shall let it pass...this time. We are not amused, sirrah.

[Image: h99FC19EF]

Yeah, ok. That's kinda funny.

[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
12-09-2014, 05:32 PM
So my little brother *makes* my mother let him text me on her phone today (all excited) ... "Bucky Bucky, what did the snail say, riding on the back of the turtle ?"

"weeeeeeeeee" Tongue

If you don't have a kid in your life, you need one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2014, 05:59 PM
(12-09-2014 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So my little brother *makes* my mother let him text me on her phone today (all excited) ... "Bucky Bucky, what did the snail say, riding on the back of the turtle ?"

"weeeeeeeeee" Tongue

No.
No I do not need a kid in my life.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-09-2014, 06:04 PM
(12-09-2014 05:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So my little brother *makes* my mother let him text me on her phone today (all excited) ... "Bucky Bucky, what did the snail say, riding on the back of the turtle ?"

"weeeeeeeeee" Tongue

No.
No I do not need a kid in my life.

Ya crusty ole grump. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.