Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-09-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I just got one of these lil guys for my desk at work: [Image: dsc05149-1370361519.jpg]

Its absolutely blowing my mind. I read a bunch of customer reviews that looked like they were sneakily written by Bose. But, when I first heard it at the store I was checking all the other speakers because I was certain that a significantly bigger one was playing. I have no idea how it moves enough air to create the lows that it does. It also weighs way more than expected.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-09-2014, 03:23 PM
(14-09-2014 03:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 07:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fargo is on TV. Smile

Fargo is ALWAYS on TV. Not that its a bad thing...

Thanks for the reminder to put the Fargo series on the DVR.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-09-2014, 04:31 PM
The TV show "Too Cute".

I am not usually one for the sappy or the cutesy but I really enjoy this show. I record it, there are two new half-hour shows on each week. Those puppies and kittens and getting to see the litters grow up and go off to their new homes makes me smile.

Today I watched one about the rescue that had been in such bad shape they didn't know at first that she was ready to deliver an adorable litter of pups. The other show profiled a little of Manx cats - one that had a tail though all his littler mates did not.

It's my cuteness fix.

sssshhhhh - don't tell anyone. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-09-2014, 08:12 AM
A few weeks ago, my family declared they were going to start praying before every meal, because "we need it".

Never happened.

Big Grin

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 5 users Like CleverUsername's post
15-09-2014, 03:13 PM
All you people make me smile!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
15-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Today was good, just because it was. Though I wish I was cured of shy to girlsitis. (well still better that AtO's sex life)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-09-2014, 04:44 PM
(15-09-2014 04:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Today was good, just because it was. Though I wish I was cured of shy to girlsitis. (well still better that AtO's sex life)

Moment of silence for the sufferers of Mafia induced sexual dysfunction.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-09-2014, 05:48 PM
[Image: cat2-2.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(12-09-2014 08:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My parents use to have ducks and chickens. Ferrets got the chickens, milk tanker got the ducks.
We had two ducks left for a long time, Cheese and Quakers, (my mom named them) and they'd eat out of your hand.

When I was younger one of the chickens, the last one left, became really friendly with me (no, not that friendly). If she saw me she'd run up to me and let me pick her up. She loved being picked up and patted. She'd always wonder inside which annoyed the shit out of my mother (yea, we were pretty white trashy) and if I was sitting down she'd jump up onto my lap. She also liked to lay eggs behind the TV...
Most people go to the fridge for their breakfast eggs, we went behind the TV.

We didn't have geese though. Geese are evil fucking creatures!!
Wait, no I take that back. It's fucking swans!!! yes, swans are fucking evil aggressive fucking creatures that will maul your fucking face off!!!
Geese are alright. But swans... swans are portrayed as this romantic gentle animal but they are far far far from it! Those motherfuckers will chase you around the fucking lake, like physically chase you, and peek at you aggressively. If you see a swan run it over with a 4x4 and do the world a favor!

I remember our elder daughter's first birthday at the large park with the lake. We had her birthday cake set up on a card table nearby while she opened presents. When it was time for the cake we noticed a goose had set up shop under the card table.

I don't recall my daughter's reaction (damn) to me trying to get rid of the goose but it was not easy. She seems to have survived without much trauma.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
15-09-2014, 09:04 PM
(15-09-2014 08:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 08:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My parents use to have ducks and chickens. Ferrets got the chickens, milk tanker got the ducks.
We had two ducks left for a long time, Cheese and Quakers, (my mom named them) and they'd eat out of your hand.

When I was younger one of the chickens, the last one left, became really friendly with me (no, not that friendly). If she saw me she'd run up to me and let me pick her up. She loved being picked up and patted. She'd always wonder inside which annoyed the shit out of my mother (yea, we were pretty white trashy) and if I was sitting down she'd jump up onto my lap. She also liked to lay eggs behind the TV...
Most people go to the fridge for their breakfast eggs, we went behind the TV.

We didn't have geese though. Geese are evil fucking creatures!!
Wait, no I take that back. It's fucking swans!!! yes, swans are fucking evil aggressive fucking creatures that will maul your fucking face off!!!
Geese are alright. But swans... swans are portrayed as this romantic gentle animal but they are far far far from it! Those motherfuckers will chase you around the fucking lake, like physically chase you, and peek at you aggressively. If you see a swan run it over with a 4x4 and do the world a favor!

I remember our elder daughter's first birthday at the large park with the lake. We had her birthday cake set up on a card table nearby while she opened presents. When it was time for the cake we noticed a goose had set up shop under the card table.

I don't recall my daughter's reaction (damn) to me trying to get rid of the goose but it was not easy. She seems to have survived without much trauma.

Yip, evil fucking birds that need to be put the fuck down.

[Image: oscar.png]