Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-11-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Found and photographed a fish species that had never been reported in the Cayman Islands, a first!

Coryphopterus kuna or Kuna goby

Just expanded it's known territory Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
02-11-2014, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 02:15 PM by Free Thought.)
So, I got back to my father's house and found a keyboard on the desk, in front of my recently acquired monitor; as such, I spent a while today refitting my desk around the fact that I now had a keyboard, this is the result:

[Image: qfysSkk.png]

With this new set-up, it's almost as if I am actually using a computer!

I do have a few problems though; the backspace key is tiny so I keep hitting the \ key next to it. And my headphones port is on the far side of my laptop which, as you, dear readers can imagine makes things difficult for listening to things in privacy.

Also in the picture is the Holy Doge, Wow be upon him.
A picture of my own dog is also present; after 2-odd years, she finally gets a cameo on the forum.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Doing some cleaning and was vacuuming when I came across a small baggie of a leafy looking substance. At first I thought one of the adults that was here Friday night dropped their Halloween treat. Dodgy When I picked it up and looked closer I realized that the cat had found his stash of catnip and hidden it. Apparently we haven't been doling it out often enough. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
02-11-2014, 11:04 AM
(02-11-2014 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  the cat had found his stash of catnip and hidden it

Time for a frank talk with your cat so you can nip this in the bud.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
08-11-2014, 09:58 AM

I AM IN ODD TIME SIGNATURE HEAVEN

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
08-11-2014, 04:41 PM
When you open up a box with a large ceramic kiwi inside that you need to put on the shelf but you barely managed to fit the last three on the shelf and it's in the gardening section which is in the low roof section of the building which means you can't put anything in picking or you'll block the fire alarms AND you open it up to find it's broken. Yes! not your problem any more.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-11-2014, 05:39 PM
(02-11-2014 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Doing some cleaning and was vacuuming when I came across a small baggie of a leafy looking substance. At first I thought one of the adults that was here Friday night dropped their Halloween treat. Dodgy When I picked it up and looked closer I realized that the cat had found his stash of catnip and hidden it. Apparently we haven't been doling it out often enough. Tongue

Once we were buying a scratch pad for our cat at Walmart that came with a small baggie of catnip. The baggie fell off the package at the checkout counter and the clerk held it up and, trying to be discreet, asked, "is this yours", with a surprised look on her face. We denied it and after a few seconds my wife figured out where it came from.

Everyone was embarrassed, but laughs were had all around. Interesting that we all had the same initial thought as to what it was. Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-11-2014, 05:57 PM
(02-11-2014 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Doing some cleaning and was vacuuming when I came across a small baggie of a leafy looking substance. At first I thought one of the adults that was here Friday night dropped their Halloween treat. Dodgy When I picked it up and looked closer I realized that the cat had found his stash of catnip and hidden it. Apparently we haven't been doling it out often enough. Tongue

We've brought several toys for our cats that purported to have been full of catnip to attract cats to play with them.

Typically they were played with for a minute and then left in the middle of the floor and forgotten.

Fuckin' cats. Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-11-2014, 04:51 PM
[Image: 384a19f46f084d4435839b6632e0ea4b.png]
But I'm not done yet!
[Image: billy-mays.jpg]
You can now get all these likes, for just 19.99! Order now!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Muffs, have you started giving cooking advice without sharing with the class? This tone sounds awfully familiar to other advice I've seen here on the forum Consider

[Image: IMG_347222907948399.jpeg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post