Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-11-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I made a person angry by being a horrible person.

Old Erx put a thing on facebook saying everything can be made fun of; somebody commented that you can't really make an Auschwitz joke and be fun.

My response? "Making Holocaust just is like playing with a furnace. Once you start you're basically digging your own grave."

I am a horrible person.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
12-11-2014, 04:06 PM
(12-11-2014 02:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I made a person angry by being a horrible person.

Old Erx put a thing on facebook saying everything can be made fun of; somebody commented that you can't really make an Auschwitz joke and be fun.

My response? "Making Holocaust just is like playing with a furnace. Once you start you're basically digging your own grave."

I am a horrible person.

I just so happen to like horrible people Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
(12-11-2014 02:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I made a person angry by being a horrible person.

My response? "Making a Holocaust joke is like playing with a furnace. Once you start you're basically digging your own grave."

I am a horrible person.

Well, fuck.
I guess that ... kinda made me smile. So ... mmmmyes. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-11-2014, 05:52 PM
My son gave me a gift card a couple weeks ago - ordered a pair of winter boots that were also 20% off. They arrived today and I like 'em. Now I will have warm, comfy footies during this arctic blast.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Went to audible looking for an interesting book and bought something I thought might offer some new insight and inspire me to get off my ass & stop being lazy.

AFTER it was in my library, I read the reviews. The first one actually said, "Nothing new here." and then went on to say exactly what could be gleaned from it. Sure enough, I purchased nothing new.

Now, finding myself between internet service providers, I actually have to pick my ass up and haul it down to the coffee shop, in order to arrange & receive my refunded credit. I am suddenly up & at it... scurrying arround & planning a full day.

What a devious fuck of a book... Dodgy I'm still exchanging it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-11-2014, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2014 04:05 PM by ELK12695.)

What the fuck, Nick.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Nick Menza also hired Chris Poland for his upcoming metal project.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
13-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Re: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Talking to a random lady while in line at a store. Her little girl, who's maybe 4, likes the cashier (who I know). The cashier walks away for a moment, and she whimpers. I pat her on the back and say, "Don't worry, your friend will be right back."

Mother says that's very surprising. Hm? Little girl is badly autistic and usually screams when non-family touch her.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
13-11-2014, 07:15 PM
It started as a small event, but I left after spending $855 Blink

But my child is BEAMING with happiness! Hubby not so much.

It started with a free spahghetti dinner at the middle school to check out the clubs the students join. The silent auction to raise money for the clubs.

I was hoping to be outbid, but no....we won more than we expected.

My daughter only wanted one item- Principal for a Day. She got it. Now she is plotting and planning.

also "won" 2 oil changes and tire rotations. 2 nights at the beach, 2 nights at a resort in the mountains, 1 week of summer camp at the park/greenway nearby.

I just keep telling myself that one of my children will be there for the next five years and its still waaaaay cheaper than last year when they were in private school.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
13-11-2014, 08:38 PM
(13-11-2014 07:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  It started as a small event, but I left after spending $855 Blink

It started with a free spahghetti dinner at the middle school to check out the clubs the students join. The silent auction to raise money for the clubs.

My daughter only wanted one item- Principal for a Day. She got it. Now she is plotting and planning.

also "won" 2 oil changes and tire rotations. 2 nights at the beach, 2 nights at a resort in the mountains, 1 week of summer camp at the park/greenway nearby.

I just keep telling myself that one of my children will be there for the next five years and its still waaaaay cheaper than last year when they were in private school.

Shocking
That shit had better be worth it!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-11-2014, 05:29 AM
(13-11-2014 08:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 07:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  It started as a small event, but I left after spending $855 Blink

Shocking
That shit had better be worth it!

Daughter is planning no homework, more recess, and she wants to have a fire drill because she wants to pull the alarm without getting in trouble. I think she will have to shadow him. I am going to see if she wants to talk school policy with him and see if she wants to bring up this "pledge of allegiance under god " nonsense with him. Not sure if she will go for it though. She isnt one to ruffle feathers but does enjoy asking tough questions.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post