Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-12-2014, 07:54 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(22-12-2014 05:00 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^You made reference to a potential joke. I told the joke.

That's totally different and I wasn't lazy in my search or anything like that.

Good point, well made.

But did you look all round? ... try #360

Smartass

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 09:35 AM
My CPU came today.
... Now I just need to get the rest of the parts...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-12-2014, 03:05 PM
hahahahaha!!

[Image: bR9UyTA.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-12-2014, 03:22 PM
(22-12-2014 07:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:00 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^You made reference to a potential joke. I told the joke.

That's totally different and I wasn't lazy in my search or anything like that.

Good point, well made.

But did you look all round? ... try #360

Smartass

It's not a good point. I was trying to be pedantic for comedic effect and self-effacing by drawing attention to my lazy-ness.

Also: When I say lazy. I mean "didn't occur to me to look until FT mentioned it and then just looking up My Dick in the search terms." Slight miscomuincation.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
22-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Suck it, bitches! Up front parking at the Walmark the Monday before Xmas!!!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
22-12-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 06:04 PM by TheGulegon.)
(17-12-2014 03:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 02:40 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Da wut? Please explain this to me.

Last year a bunch of us changed our avatars for Christmas. I had Cindy Lou Who from The Grinch but I can't seem to find the picture back. There was all sorts of holiday avatars for a couple weeks.

I've actually forgotten how to put Evil Santa back into my avatar! Sad
NVM Big Grin

22-12-2014, 10:12 PM
(22-12-2014 05:03 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Fine, graphic penis story:

I'd been a nurse in the ED for only a few months, and at the time I had more personal than professional experience with penises. I was checking in an elderly man, and had a male tech, "Chris", in the room helping me. Pt needed to take a piss and said he couldn't pee in the urinal (see my avatar for an example) sitting down. The guy was at least 6'5" and 300 lbs. One thing about CHF and renal problems - you hold into fluid. This guy had lots of fluid in his balls and they were ridiculously huge. The male tech helped the man with his balance (normally used a walker, and the guy was hypoxic - there for shortness of breath/CHF exacerbation). He kept dropping the urinal and I had to hold the damn thing. Sooooo, when I look for where to put the urinal, I couldn't find his penis. I didn't want pee all over the floor, cause I'd have to clean up both the pt and the floor. I didn't know that penises could be inverted. Fortunately the man was nearly deaf as I was whispering "Chris, I can't find it." "What do you mean you can't find it?" "I can't find his penis." "He has to have a penis, look at the size of his balls." And I'd knelt down at that point trying to find it. Finally Chris had to show me how to pop the penis out. Since those early days in my career, I have become an expert at penis popping. And nurse of the year for professionalism goes to.....

That was almost entirely made up of things I didn't know. Cool.
[Image: tell-me-another-story_o_1792635.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
22-12-2014, 10:16 PM
(22-12-2014 05:03 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Fine, graphic penis story:

I'd been a nurse in the ED for only a few months, and at the time I had more personal than professional experience with penises. I was checking in an elderly man, and had a male tech, "Chris", in the room helping me. Pt needed to take a piss and said he couldn't pee in the urinal (see my avatar for an example) sitting down. The guy was at least 6'5" and 300 lbs. One thing about CHF and renal problems - you hold into fluid. This guy had lots of fluid in his balls and they were ridiculously huge. The male tech helped the man with his balance (normally used a walker, and the guy was hypoxic - there for shortness of breath/CHF exacerbation). He kept dropping the urinal and I had to hold the damn thing. Sooooo, when I look for where to put the urinal, I couldn't find his penis. I didn't want pee all over the floor, cause I'd have to clean up both the pt and the floor. I didn't know that penises could be inverted. Fortunately the man was nearly deaf as I was whispering "Chris, I can't find it." "What do you mean you can't find it?" "I can't find his penis." "He has to have a penis, look at the size of his balls." And I'd knelt down at that point trying to find it. Finally Chris had to show me how to pop the penis out. Since those early days in my career, I have become an expert at penis popping. And nurse of the year for professionalism goes to.....

This story made me invert. Blink
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-12-2014, 10:31 PM
(21-12-2014 04:19 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My boss, who is often hard to read, told me a couple of times this week that he trusts my judgement. Smile

Knowing you that should not be a surprise to anyone as you have really good judgement.

Thanks Zeke...it's still nice to hear sometimes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Nurse, I think a running penis stories thread is in your future. I had a nurse clean mine once and I really had to resist the urge to ask her how it measured up. She seemed so indifferent to my penis that I was oddly not stimulated by her holding it. A cruel fate.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post