Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(30-12-2014 02:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 09:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  When I finally find a song I've been looking for and didn't know what it was called or who sang it.

All you need to do is google the lyrics you do remember, or if you can't recall the lyrics then hum a part of the song for SoundHound and it should give you the song information.

...yes I go through that situation a lot.

The lyrics I was googling were wrong.
Don't have a mircophone and my phone is old as fuck. (seriously, it barely has a camera, it's one of those old-school brick ones).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 12:13 AM
(30-12-2014 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  All you need to do is google the lyrics you do remember, or if you can't recall the lyrics then hum a part of the song for SoundHound and it should give you the song information.

Don't have a mircophone and my phone is old as fuck. (seriously, it barely has a camera, it's one of those old-school brick ones).

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=77825&d=1326647089]

[Image: Thor+nokia+3390+three+four+five+six_c5f196_3675840.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m77h78qBbn1r7gljio1_400.jpg]

[Image: 6264.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-12-2014, 06:51 AM
(30-12-2014 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  All you need to do is google the lyrics you do remember, or if you can't recall the lyrics then hum a part of the song for SoundHound and it should give you the song information.

Ah okay that makes sense. Besides the obvious "just upgrade your brick phone" statement, have you tried looking into those sound apps for the desktop? I'm pretty sure there's a few. I remember writing a PHP script using an API that was very similar to SoundHound...maybe SoundCloud or something? Anyways, worth a look.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-12-2014, 05:30 PM
(31-12-2014 06:51 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The lyrics I was googling were wrong.

Ah okay that makes sense. Besides the obvious "just upgrade your brick phone" statement, have you tried looking into those sound apps for the desktop? I'm pretty sure there's a few. I remember writing a PHP script using an API that was very similar to SoundHound...maybe SoundCloud or something? Anyways, worth a look.

Nah, effort and all that.

It doesn't happen often enough, usually can distinguish some lyrics and just get the song by googling.
31-12-2014, 05:43 PM
(31-12-2014 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 06:51 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Ah okay that makes sense. Besides the obvious "just upgrade your brick phone" statement, have you tried looking into those sound apps for the desktop? I'm pretty sure there's a few. I remember writing a PHP script using an API that was very similar to SoundHound...maybe SoundCloud or something? Anyways, worth a look.

Nah, effort and all that.

It doesn't happen often enough, usually can distinguish some lyrics and just get the song by googling.

Well at least now you know. It happens all the time for me. I quite literally made my own version of SoundHound at one point because I was getting so mad Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
31-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Tonight is going to be an absinthe night.

Been a while.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
01-01-2015, 01:05 AM
So I was thinking about The United States, the words referring to the place, not the place itself. Isn't it weird how (at least in English) The United States is the only country name that MUST be preceded by "the"?

Then I started showing a friend those good guy Satan memes and realized, The Devil is the only god (or god-like being) that also must be preceded by "the" to make sense.

Coincidence? I think not.

[Image: conspiracy-keanu.jpg]

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
01-01-2015, 01:08 AM
(01-01-2015 01:05 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  So I was thinking about The United States, the words referring to the place, not the place itself. Isn't it weird how (at least in English) The United States is the only country name that MUST be preceded by "the"?

Then I started showing a friend those good guy Satan memes and realized, The Devil is the only god (or god-like being) that also must be preceded by "the" to make sense.

Coincidence? I think not.

[Image: conspiracy-keanu.jpg]

Given that "The Devil" is actually closer to a title of Satan than a name, you could argue that "The Lord" is also a deity which uses 'the' as part of a generally mandatory part of expression.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-01-2015, 01:12 AM
(31-12-2014 06:52 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Tonight is going to be an absinthe night.

Been a while.

Eurotrip Absinthe: http://youtu.be/z7Ddvnq2oms

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-01-2015, 03:38 AM
My dad told me he'd love me no matter what. I was by myself tonight for New Years and my aunt and uncle and parents invited me down the street so I wouldn't be alone. Daddy was my New Year's Eve kiss on the cheek.
Ok, that's not a small thing. That's huge. Big Grin Affection is hard to come by.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post