Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-01-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(01-01-2015 11:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:39 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Both are lying things that kill for fun and ruin everything. There is no coincidence.

Hey, don't diss Satan. He's a cool guy Angry

My thoughts exactly. Satan didn't directly kill for fun. He was told to kill because Yahweh was having fun at Job's expense.

[Image: thumbs-up-your-doin-good-satan.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-01-2015, 01:28 PM
(01-01-2015 11:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:39 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Both are lying things that kill for fun and ruin everything. There is no coincidence.

Hey, don't diss Satan. He's a cool guy Angry

Satan is stupid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-01-2015, 03:20 PM
(01-01-2015 12:52 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 11:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hey, don't diss Satan. He's a cool guy Angry

My thoughts exactly. Satan didn't directly kill for fun. He was told to kill because Yahweh was having fun at Job's expense.

[Image: thumbs-up-your-doin-good-satan.jpg]

Not to mention the whole 'giving humans the capacity to think', thing for which he's always attributed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
(01-01-2015 03:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
Not to mention the whole 'giving humans the capacity to think', thing for which he's always attributed.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
(01-01-2015 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...

[Image: 1.jpg]

But the serpent was female, and satan was never mentioned as the serpent anyway, so he was not the one who gave the two critical thinking in the mythology.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-01-2015, 04:04 PM
(01-01-2015 04:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: 1.jpg]

But the serpent was female, and satan was never mentioned as the serpent anyway, so he was not the one who gave the two critical thinking in the mythology.

I don't recall the serpent ever being given a gender, and the majority of fundies seem to hold that the serpent was a part of Satan's god-hating plan, if not Satan himself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
(01-01-2015 04:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 04:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  But the serpent was female, and satan was never mentioned as the serpent anyway, so he was not the one who gave the two critical thinking in the mythology.

I don't recall the serpent ever being given a gender, and the majority of fundies seem to hold that the serpent was a part of Satan's god-hating plan, if not Satan himself.

Keep in mind fundies also say jesus is lord, despite the fact he prayed to god and spoke to god in third person. The original story had lilith and adam not adam and eve. Lilith escaped eden. The story eventually holds her as the serpent, as many old pictures depicting the serpent show it as a female or female figure.

[Image: 4035646_5d1e06ed47_m.jpeg]

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
01-01-2015, 06:00 PM
(01-01-2015 05:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My dad told me he'd love me no matter what. I was by myself tonight for New Years and my aunt and uncle and parents invited me down the street so I wouldn't be alone. Daddy was my New Year's Eve kiss on the cheek.
Ok, that's not a small thing. That's huge. Big Grin Affection is hard to come by.

It is huge. (Your son is with you though, right ? Or have you and hubby broken up, and he had him ?) Except for my little brother, my brothers and sisters are quite a bit older than myself ... which has led to a unique relationship with my mom and dad. They're beyond the "controlling" way they were with the older kids.

Hug

We *are* breaking up. Son was with great grandparents. He went out last night, I went to my aunt's and cried about it.

We sorted it out today. And we both feel loads better

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
01-01-2015, 06:14 PM
(01-01-2015 06:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 05:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is huge. (Your son is with you though, right ? Or have you and hubby broken up, and he had him ?) Except for my little brother, my brothers and sisters are quite a bit older than myself ... which has led to a unique relationship with my mom and dad. They're beyond the "controlling" way they were with the older kids.

Hug

We *are* breaking up. Son was with great grandparents. He went out last night, I went to my aunt's and cried about it.

Hug

Been down a similar road - PM if you want to talk, or vent, or need a shoulder.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-01-2015, 06:17 PM
(01-01-2015 06:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 05:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is huge. (Your son is with you though, right ? Or have you and hubby broken up, and he had him ?) Except for my little brother, my brothers and sisters are quite a bit older than myself ... which has led to a unique relationship with my mom and dad. They're beyond the "controlling" way they were with the older kids.

Hug

It's good that that is settled. No small thing. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post