Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-02-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
One more but not exactly "small"

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-02-2013, 06:13 PM
(15-02-2013 05:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is for Smidgen since she helped me figure out how to post photos. (hope this works)
So beautiful. Thank you. Did you take this one today?

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
15-02-2013, 07:22 PM
(15-02-2013 06:13 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 05:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is for Smidgen since she helped me figure out how to post photos. (hope this works)
So beautiful. Thank you. Did you take this one today?
The baby Hawksbill is from last year the whale is from today. We spent 8 hours on the boat cruising up and down the island using a hydrophone to help locate them. Only on 3 of the 8 approaches did they stay on the surface long enough for us to get in and on none of those did they remain stationary. We have four more days to have a great photo encounter. Lets see if we get lucky!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-02-2013, 07:25 PM
(15-02-2013 05:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  One more but not exactly "small"
Even more jealous. Blush

15-02-2013, 07:36 PM
This is the about the best I did when it come anything living in the water.
Found this little guy in the Susquehanna River. The damn thing attacked my camera.
They usually scurry away. Tongue

[Image: P1580370-M.jpg]

15-02-2013, 07:41 PM
(15-02-2013 07:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 06:13 PM)smidgen Wrote:  So beautiful. Thank you. Did you take this one today?
The baby Hawksbill is from last year the whale is from today. We spent 8 hours on the boat cruising up and down the island using a hydrophone to help locate them. Only on 3 of the 8 approaches did they stay on the surface long enough for us to get in and on none of those did they remain stationary. We have four more days to have a great photo encounter. Lets see if we get lucky!
I watch this kind of stuff on tv and I'm always amazed at what it
takes to get these kind of shots. Sounds like fun.
Hoping you have better luck tomorrow.

15-02-2013, 07:47 PM
(15-02-2013 07:41 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 07:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The baby Hawksbill is from last year the whale is from today. We spent 8 hours on the boat cruising up and down the island using a hydrophone to help locate them. Only on 3 of the 8 approaches did they stay on the surface long enough for us to get in and on none of those did they remain stationary. We have four more days to have a great photo encounter. Lets see if we get lucky!
I watch this kind of stuff on tv and I'm always amazed at what it
takes to get these kind of shots. Sounds like fun.
Hoping you have better luck tomorrow.

Thanks. Even if the next four days are a bust I can now say I have swam with whales! Another item checked off of my Bucket List.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. - Mark Twain

15-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Awesome. My bucket list keeps getting bigger but nothing ever gets crossed off.
I did get to hold a sea turtle once though. Blush

15-02-2013, 08:09 PM
The fact that their are only 31 days till the first day of Spring makes me smile.

[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
16-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Watching my cat dream makes me smile.