Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-01-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(19-01-2015 03:28 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 02:37 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Went to see Foxcatcher. Great movie! Was feeling ambitious so I went to the car wash, cleaned out the car, and the weather was so nice I decided to replace my windshield wipers. It was so ridiculously easy I'm afraid I did it wrong!! Blink but I put them on the same way the old ones came off. I love doing little things like that myself. Makes me feel handy Big Grin

If you're worried you put them on wrong, test them. Better safe than sorry Yes

It was drizzly today, they worked beautifully!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
20-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Just received the 12-pack of Mtn Dew LiveWire I ordered. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-01-2015, 04:21 PM
(20-01-2015 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just received the 12-pack of Mtn Dew LiveWire I ordered. Big Grin

You have my condolences.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Just finished giving our first instructional webinar (topic: deeper water fish species, entitled “Swimming in the Deep End”) and so far all the feedback has been very positive!

We were nervous but it went smoothly and the one technical glitch was quickly repaired. It went so well the organizers have asked us to do another one in March...we’re pumped!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
20-01-2015, 09:17 PM
My son only has one front tooth left after losing one last night. It was so damn cute tonight hearing him read Barenstain Bear's Go to the Doctor. All of his S's whistle.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
20-01-2015, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 09:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-01-2015 09:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My son only has one front tooth left after losing one last night. It was so damn cute tonight hearing him read Barenstain Bear's Go to the Doctor. All of his S's whistle.

Ask him to say "shall I serve some soup with the sterling silver serving spoon ?".
My little bro used to do it when he lost his teeth, now he still does it to make people laugh. Sadcryface2
(He can whistle through his teeth. I sure as hell can't)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-01-2015, 10:37 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-01-2015, 06:45 AM
when you've been wondering how your new-ish neighbor friend that you really like will take the news that you are atheist and she unexpectedly reveals that she spent 5 years as a paid dominatrix with her own dungeon, suddenly my atheism seems like small potatoes. Laugh out load

I don't think the guys who were sitting near us at Starbucks and could hear our conversation got much work done yesterday morning. Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-01-2015, 06:49 AM
(21-01-2015 06:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  when you've been wondering how your new-ish neighbor friend that you really like will take the news that you are atheist and she unexpectedly reveals that she spent 5 years as a paid dominatrix with her own dungeon, suddenly my atheism seems like small potatoes. Laugh out load

I don't think the guys who were sitting near us at Starbucks and could hear our conversation got much work done yesterday morning. Angel

That's fucking awesome. Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
21-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Got stopped by a single dad at the grocery store while grabbing a bottle of Pinot Noir. I'm just wearing work out tights and top, and tennis shoes. He asked if I work out, and said "I mean no disrespect but you are absolutely beautiful. Just wow."

Big Grin I can't stop smiling. I haven't been called beautiful by a man in two years. Granted, he was a random stranger. But still. Yay me.

[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post