Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(07-02-2015 08:16 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My little girl got her growth percentiles done yesterday at her 4 month wellness check...

She registers as the height of an 8 month Old. O.o

Are you sure you didn’t mate with an Elf you naughty little Hobbit? Consider
[Image: 735566_1307081647559_full.jpg]

*This is my 5000th post and I give it to you. Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
07-02-2015, 07:35 PM
After several attempts the sun finally broke through and the wind chased away the gray clouds and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Went to the big cat sanctuary for a couple hours. Was hard to get good pictures through the double chain link fences but was glad the fences were there.

Was cool to watch one of the male tigers get quite excited when the director went to the enclosure where he and his harem of three reside. It was like he was talking to her - funny chirpy, barking sounds when she talked to him. He got pouty when she turned her attention to the females. He turned his back on her and wouldn't respond till she said his name again.

Also got to watch a big cat catching a catnip and decaf coffee buzz. Was funny to watch him roll around in the catnip just like my cat does. Watched the director hand feed Lambert the lion youth his vitamins as he nuzzled her. It's a cool place and has grown a lot since I was last there. Pretty cool day.

[img][Image: lion_zps8bvum2pb.jpg][/img]

Big kitties like sunny spots too!

Also learned that the big cats love Obsession for men...they were given pizza boxes sprayed with it and went nuts over it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-02-2015, 09:57 PM
(07-02-2015 07:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 08:16 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My little girl got her growth percentiles done yesterday at her 4 month wellness check...

She registers as the height of an 8 month Old. O.o

Are you sure you didn’t mate with an Elf you naughty little Hobbit? Consider

Blush Dawh! Thank you!

However, if I was ever goin to sink to the level of bumping uglies with an elf it would NOT be Legolas Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-02-2015, 10:10 PM
(07-02-2015 09:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 07:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you sure you didn’t mate with an Elf you naughty little Hobbit? Consider

Blush Dawh! Thank you!

However, if I was ever goin to sink to the level of bumping uglies with an elf it would NOT be Legolas Tongue

Yeah Plus Hobbit prefers goblins

[Image: 4324393_std.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-02-2015, 10:28 PM
(07-02-2015 10:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 09:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Blush Dawh! Thank you!

Yeah Plus Hobbit prefers goblins

[Image: 4324393_std.jpg]

That is MUCH better Tongue
08-02-2015, 09:49 AM
(07-02-2015 10:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 10:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah Plus Hobbit prefers goblins.

That is MUCH better Tongue

Is that where hobgoblins come from? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 8 users Like kim's post
10-02-2015, 11:09 AM
I just found out that there's a company in my city that will deliver cookies in the middle of the night!!!! Clap Drooling

I never have to leave my house again. This makes me happy.

Also, their tagline is "Hope you'll enjoy getting baked...cookies delivered."

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
11-02-2015, 12:38 AM
This is my 9,001st post.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-02-2015, 04:44 PM
(08-02-2015 09:49 AM)kim Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 10:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That is MUCH better Tongue

Is that where hobgoblins come from? Shy

She knows her D&D, I am most impressed.
11-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Yesterday I came down with some 24 hour stomach bug ... ended the night feeling like complete shit.

Before having any notion I was ill, I was on my computer at the coffee shop. I was here on TTA and wondering if the preacher guy at the table behind me may have been looking over my shoulder. When people would say something to him, he would talk about god ... and louder than the rest of his conversations. That kind of made me smile.

I gathered my things and as I walked out, I noticed he'd moved to my table -it featured a little lamp and his previous table didn't. At the time, I wondered if he thought his "god vibe" had chased me out. That notion also made me smile.

Now, I wonder if I was at all contagious. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post