Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-03-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(01-03-2015 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 05:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, I got some of it right. Tongue

A lot of the students sit and watch the telemetry monitors. The "strips" are sort of EKG's, but not really "official ones", (although you can get 12 lead EKG's out of the monitors if they really want one ... but they never do it that way ... they're too cheap, and they can't charge for them that way). Sad

I almost put "rhythm strips" instead of EKG, but that probably sounds naughty to people outside of the health field.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 02:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-03-2015 09:10 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A lot of the students sit and watch the telemetry monitors. The "strips" are sort of EKG's, but not really "official ones", (although you can get 12 lead EKG's out of the monitors if they really want one ... but they never do it that way ... they're too cheap, and they can't charge for them that way). Sad

I almost put "rhythm strips" instead of EKG, but that probably sounds naughty to people outside of the health field.

That's true. Tongue
Have you "done your strips yet ?" Gasp

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2015, 06:37 PM
The lights of dusk.

Tonight, Venus in the west, Sirius in the south, Jupiter beside the gibbous moon in the east.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-03-2015, 02:03 PM
A fighter jet from the Key West NAS just flew overhead!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-03-2015, 02:10 PM
(03-03-2015 02:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A fighter jet from the Key West NAS just flew overhead!

One of the most spectacular/beautiful things I've ever seen was two fighter jets flying together a few thousand feet below the passenger plane I was in, on a perfect day, few fluffy clouds, in a jet either coming from or going to California.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-03-2015, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 04:23 PM by Free Thought.)
Soooo....

Apparently I got a raise on my gov-monies and didn't notice... 6 payments ago.

[Edit] Actually that's not quite correct. I got a small raise 6 payments ago, which was followed by another raise.

In keeping with the thread title, the raise only comes to $7.9 more, but the extra money, and the fact that I managed to not notice for 6 pays made me smile.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-03-2015, 05:44 AM
(03-03-2015 02:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 02:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A fighter jet from the Key West NAS just flew overhead!

One of the most spectacular/beautiful things I've ever seen was two fighter jets flying together a few thousand feet below the passenger plane I was in, on a perfect day, few fluffy clouds, in a jet either coming from or going to California.

Until the moment you realize they were probably flying close to your commercial flight because there was a terrorist threat and you came this -| |- close to dying.
04-03-2015, 07:07 AM
(04-03-2015 05:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 02:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of the most spectacular/beautiful things I've ever seen was two fighter jets flying together a few thousand feet below the passenger plane I was in, on a perfect day, few fluffy clouds, in a jet either coming from or going to California.

Until the moment you realize they were probably flying close to your commercial flight because there was a terrorist threat and you came this -| |- close to dying.

Nah, they were "in formation" and so far below us I almost didn't see them. Drinking Beverage
(It was probably over Southern Colorado, Northern New Mexico ... they're are a lot of training flights. I assume, in that area).

05-03-2015, 09:00 PM
These are hooves from a giraffe that was eaten by lions. Giraffes are even-toed ungulates, meaning they have two digits that fit inside each hoof like a slipper. The predators simply yanked those digits out as they were eating the poor thing.

This picture was taken during my time in Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania. The giraffe carcass was examined because understanding how predators process and discard remains is important to Taphonomy, or the study of how fossils are made.

[Image: 2moOJj.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
(05-03-2015 09:00 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  These are hooves from a giraffe that was eaten by lions. Giraffes are even-toed ungulates, meaning they have two digits that fit inside each hoof like a slipper. The predators simply yanked those digits out as they were eating the poor thing.

This picture was taken during my time in Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania. The giraffe carcass was examined because understanding how predators process and discard remains is important to Taphonomy, or the study of how fossils are made.

[Image: 2moOJj.jpg]

So you're saying you think lions should "eat their crusts" ?

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post