Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-02-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
The building excitment to my new nieces arrival into the world in the next couple weeks! Big Grin
Here are the cookies the the soon to be mommy of two has made in celebration. Smile

[Image: 522683_10200301052902495_1799689008_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
26-02-2013, 10:21 AM
-When the girl next to me in class offers me a box of Whoppers candy, for no reason.
-When the novel I'm reading for class is almost finished.
-When I spend all fourth period WATCHING XMEN OMG :-)

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
26-02-2013, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:35 AM by Near.)
Watching a bird walk, bobbing its head back and forth.

The moon.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
[+] 3 users Like Near's post
26-02-2013, 10:31 AM
The silence of snow.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-02-2013, 10:36 AM
(26-02-2013 10:31 AM)kim Wrote:  The silence of snow.

Oh, Kim! Heart

"The soft glow of freshly-fallen snow.
Sleep comes quietly."

"The silence of freshly-fallen snow.
And then the sparrows wake up."

"Quietly disappearing under the snow-laden branches,
the path and I."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-03-2013, 04:08 AM
The fact that the whole room smells of hyacinth (which I got for March 1st). Spring flowers are the best... as are autumn ones. Actually, I love all flowers (except for orchids - they're too flashy).

Also, we're having wonderful weather today. I just love (the arrival of) spring so much.
[Image: looking_tree.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
01-03-2013, 04:28 AM
After weeks of forgetting, I finally was able to get around to destroying my 4 useless hard drives (they had all been rendered inoperable previously).

Just a few minutes ago, I took hammer to casing and went to work to reduce the space wasting hard drives to little more than a pulp of twisted metal and plastic.

I found that it is much more difficult to even put a significant dent in the casings. By the same token, within a few small opening cracks of the hammer, the hard drive being stuck would turn into a techy maraca.

Beating the ever loving shit out of those hard drives brought a smile to my face. A malicious one, but a smile all the same.

However, the smile quickly faded as I realised I had fallen victim to one one of the things I despise the most in all the world.

Mosquitoes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-03-2013, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 02:32 PM by Peanut.)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=315...0498770515

I made a birthday card for my son's 5th birthday and Sprout TV picked it and featured it on his birthday Smile I put a lot of thought into that card for weeks. He felt so special Heart

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=310...5350598372

"It's not a bird, it's a tree..." My son explaining his art to me.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Good day: finding out your paycheck has $28 more in it than you expected/had calculated.

Hooray! $6 that aren't claimed by a bill! Sort of.

Consider

Why not, I'll count it a positive!

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
When my son and wife greet me after a work day. We usually all hug at the same time, sing a lil funny song about the day(he's 2) then he offers me a toy and she offers me a tea. Smile

I like bumble bees, they are like flying lil teddy bears that snuggle with the flowers...

When my clients want to hug me after a session, it's golden... Makes me feel like a superhero! I truly love my job.

And we'll, of course sunny days mean that there is going to be hot women wearing lighter clothing.... Wink

I Heart Qualia Soup
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post