Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-03-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(20-03-2015 06:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 04:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, what you are saying is that any future offspring you may have would be inherently inferior to Breelzebub.
This will be remembered.

There will be no more offspring. At least not from my loins. Lol

Don't need any more when I've got one as amazing as hobbit.

But why? Then you get to miss out on the chance to have stitches!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2015, 07:10 PM
(20-03-2015 12:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Got called into the office for my mid year review. My supervisor said, "Ok. This will be short. You're awesome. You're an awesome nurse. You come to work, you do your job, you don't call out, and your patients and their families love you. That's about it." No criticisms. Big Grin

Whew, yay for job security. I feel better.

Great, Nurse. And ya got yourself a new avatar too. I like it. Wasn't that Nurse Ratched from Cuckoos Nest, the one you had before?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-03-2015, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 12:39 AM by DLJ.)
Going to see the Unholy Trinity Downunder in an hour.

The boys better put on a good show or I'll expect my money back.

Unsure

EDIT: Atheists in Melbourne... Fuck all fashion-sense!

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
21-03-2015, 12:45 AM
(20-03-2015 07:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 12:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Got called into the office for my mid year review. My supervisor said, "Ok. This will be short. You're awesome. You're an awesome nurse. You come to work, you do your job, you don't call out, and your patients and their families love you. That's about it." No criticisms. Big Grin

Whew, yay for job security. I feel better.

Great, Nurse. And ya got yourself a new avatar too. I like it. Wasn't that Nurse Ratched from Cuckoos Nest, the one you had before?

My first was nurse Ratched (I'd just deconverted - so my user status was "lobotomy reversal in progress Hobo ), second was Nurse Jackie with a pill bottle halo, and I temporarily had a urinal wreath for Christmas. Everyone was going on about how they think of people as looking like their avatars - this new one sorta looks like me Big Grin Granted I tend to wear fitted athletic tees with scrub pants and would never wear a white nurse uniform. Although, the nurses on my unit wore old school white uniforms for Halloween last fall - I didn't work, so I dressed up as ebola.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
21-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Show's over. Now at the bar.

All three speakers were on form.

Seth went last and damn it was good. I kid you not grown men were crying.

Sadcryface

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
21-03-2015, 05:01 AM
(21-03-2015 04:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Show's over. Now at the bar.

Sadcryface

Jealous.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
21-03-2015, 05:32 AM
(21-03-2015 12:45 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 07:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Great, Nurse. And ya got yourself a new avatar too. I like it. Wasn't that Nurse Ratched from Cuckoos Nest, the one you had before?

My first was nurse Ratched (I'd just deconverted - so my user status was "lobotomy reversal in progress Hobo ), second was Nurse Jackie with a pill bottle halo, and I temporarily had a urinal wreath for Christmas. Everyone was going on about how they think of people as looking like their avatars - this new one sorta looks like me Big Grin Granted I tend to wear fitted athletic tees with scrub pants and would never wear a white nurse uniform. Although, the nurses on my unit wore old school white uniforms for Halloween last fall - I didn't work, so I dressed up as ebola.

Once in a while, (not sure how they organize it) they (some) wear old style nurse hats at Cedars-Sinai. its Hilarious. Some of the patients are like "See, this is how it *should be*, and some of us are thinking "Really ? Just how is it you even HAVE one of these ?" Blush ... Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-03-2015, 05:50 AM
(21-03-2015 05:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Sadcryface

Jealous.
I concur.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
21-03-2015, 07:00 AM
(21-03-2015 05:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 12:45 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My first was nurse Ratched (I'd just deconverted - so my user status was "lobotomy reversal in progress Hobo ), second was Nurse Jackie with a pill bottle halo, and I temporarily had a urinal wreath for Christmas. Everyone was going on about how they think of people as looking like their avatars - this new one sorta looks like me Big Grin Granted I tend to wear fitted athletic tees with scrub pants and would never wear a white nurse uniform. Although, the nurses on my unit wore old school white uniforms for Halloween last fall - I didn't work, so I dressed up as ebola.

Once in a while, (not sure how they organize it) they (some) wear old style nurse hats at Cedars-Sinai. its Hilarious. Some of the patients are like "See, this is how it *should be*, and some of us are thinking "Really ? Just how is it you even HAVE one of these ?" Blush ... Angel

My dad's sister was a nurse. I clearly remember her white uniform, and the hat! I thought the hat was so cool. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-03-2015, 07:03 AM

Sadcryface

Seth is an excellent speaker! And Aron Ra is impressive...both in what he has to say and in his rather imposing appearance. I've not had the pleasure of seeing Dillahunty in person.

When I met Seth I told him how happy I was that he didn't really sound like Pee Wee Herman, he laughed and said he was happy about that too. Tongue

In these days of auto tune and all the other fancy recording gadgets you just never know.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post