Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(21-03-2015 04:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Show's over. Now at the bar.

All three speakers were on form.

Seth went last and damn it was good. I kid you not grown men were crying.

Sadcryface

Never got the point of these. I mean how far can you talk about atheism anyway?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 07:39 AM
(21-03-2015 07:06 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 04:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Show's over. Now at the bar.

All three speakers were on form.

Seth went last and damn it was good. I kid you not grown men were crying.

Sadcryface

Never got the point of these. I mean how far can you talk about atheism anyway?

Until you have heard them speaking, maybe you should reserve judgement. Anyway, Aron Ra is heavily into science not just atheism. He may actually have something to say that you would find worthwhile.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 08:03 AM
(21-03-2015 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:06 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Never got the point of these. I mean how far can you talk about atheism anyway?

Until you have heard them speaking, maybe you should reserve judgement. Anyway, Aron Ra is heavily into science not just atheism. He may actually have something to say that you would find worthwhile.

I have, I used to all the time. I still watch Aron Ra for science. I don't get the whole talk about atheism part.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-03-2015, 08:05 AM
(21-03-2015 08:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Until you have heard them speaking, maybe you should reserve judgement. Anyway, Aron Ra is heavily into science not just atheism. He may actually have something to say that you would find worthwhile.

I have, I used to all the time. I still watch Aron Ra for science. I don't get the whole talk about atheism part.

Consider posted on a forum that talks about...atheism...just *think* about that...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
21-03-2015, 08:11 AM
(21-03-2015 08:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Until you have heard them speaking, maybe you should reserve judgement. Anyway, Aron Ra is heavily into science not just atheism. He may actually have something to say that you would find worthwhile.

They are speaking to an audience who wants to hear what they have to say. If you don't want to hear what they have to say you don't have to.

What if they talked about hated of America and love of Japan? I have a feeling you would be front and center for that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

21-03-2015, 08:15 AM
(21-03-2015 08:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ...
I don't get the whole talk about atheism part.

Do you get the whole bit about how some species have evolved to work more efficiently / feel safer in packs, where they are genetically disposed to bond with each other emotionally (security, affection) and not just physically?

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-03-2015, 08:17 AM
(21-03-2015 08:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 08:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have, I used to all the time. I still watch Aron Ra for science. I don't get the whole talk about atheism part.

They are speaking to an audience who wants to hear what they have to say. If you don't want to hear what they have to say you don't have to.

What if they talked about hated of America and love of Japan? I have a feeling you would be front and center for that.

1. No I would not go to that. Talking about america being horrible and japan being good sounds stupid. I could care less about america.

2. I see what you are getting at though. I was wondering why. Fair enough.

21-03-2015, 08:20 AM
(21-03-2015 08:17 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 08:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  They are speaking to an audience who wants to hear what they have to say. If you don't want to hear what they have to say you don't have to.

1. No I would not go to that. Talking about america being horrible and japan being good sounds stupid. I could care less about america.

2. I see what you are getting at though. I was wondering why. Fair enough.

-couldn't care less is what I think you mean.

It's important to not that the audience at these events aren't captives. They are there because they want to be - because of what DLJ said.

21-03-2015, 08:22 AM
(21-03-2015 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's important to not that the audience at these events aren't captives. They are there because they want to be - because of DLJ said.

I get what you are saying. The answer is people want to hear it and social reasons.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-03-2015, 09:03 AM
You must never listen to anything or read any anything about anything you already know about then,