Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Tongue RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(21-03-2015 07:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  NDT, as in Neil deGrasse Tyson?

That's been obvious for a while now, man.

I don't think he's ever confirmed or denied.

There was a video saying he was agnostic

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(21-03-2015 07:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't think he's ever confirmed or denied.

There was a video saying he was agnostic

Bro, like I said ... breaking news! You heard it here first.

Big Grin

21-03-2015, 07:54 PM
(21-03-2015 07:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  There was a video saying he was agnostic

Bro, like I said ... breaking news! You heard it here first.

Big Grin

Yabut "this guy I know on an atheist forum says..." isn't usually considered a reliable source Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
21-03-2015, 08:13 PM
(21-03-2015 07:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Bro, like I said ... breaking news! You heard it here first.

Big Grin

Yabut "this guy I know on an atheist forum says..." isn't usually considered a reliable source Shy

Yabut, you're forgetting TTA unofficial forum rule #2 ... "DLJ is always right!"

OK. A deeper explanation...

I was chatting with Matt (oops, hang on, lemme just pick that name back up Big Grin ) and telling him how wrong he is (and Sam Harris and Michael Shermer are) to say that morality is objective.

Of course, he caved in to my superior argument and to make himself feel better he expounded for a while on how he defeated both NDT and Larry Krauss (yes, I'm going for a name-dropping record, here) in different ways and at different times.

So, it goes like this...

NDT was asking MD why he (NDT) should identify with a label (atheist) when, even though he's OK with the definition used by MD (not believing the god(s) claims), the majority of people don't use that definition i.e. he doesn't want people claiming that he's in the "there is no god" camp.

MD asked NDT what NDT would do when the general populace had a misunderstanding of an astrophysical term or defintion... go along with the error or try to re-educate the masses (unspoken example being Pluto is not a planet "get over it!").

NDT concedes the point. Therefore...

Thumbsup

Anyway, this was all spoken in confidence, so don't tell anyone you heard from me, right?

Wink

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
22-03-2015, 07:14 AM
A. This is now officially my Friday night (even though it's Sunday morning) - just clocked out.
B. I have a pint of Chocolate Stout I'm gonna pour on top of coconut gelato when I get back to the house.
C. Mom is bringing my little boy to see me this evening (it's been a week, and I don't go home until April 1 thanks to my crazy ass schedule and multiple call shifts). The plan is to eat at Cheesecake Factory. Shrimp scampi and banana cream cheesecake - yes please.
D. I've wanted to eat there since I started this job and my ex would never want to come meet me or bring my son so I could see him between shifts. She also texts me each day to say things like "Have a great day!" and plans outings each time I'm back home. So, yay for my mom.
E. When I start feeling sorry for myself for being alone, I remind myself I'm free to have angry hate sex with random strangers (and ten points to the person that gets the movie reference).

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
22-03-2015, 07:48 AM
(22-03-2015 07:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  When I start feeling sorry for myself for being alone, I remind myself I'm free to have angry hate sex with random strangers (and ten points to the person that gets the movie reference).

27 Dresses? Angel

¡ǝןboob sʞuɐɥʇ

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
22-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Spring appears to making an attempt to return. The swans are back.

[Image: Spring2015%20728.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2015, 05:28 PM
(22-03-2015 11:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Spring appears to making an attempt to return. The swans are back.

Swans actual hang around ponds all year long, I see swans when it snows.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-03-2015, 05:34 PM
(22-03-2015 05:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 11:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Spring appears to making an attempt to return. The swans are back.

Swans actual hang around ponds all year long, I see swans when it snows.

The point may be that there has been enough thawing for the swans to actually get to the water.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-03-2015, 06:03 PM

Do they taste like chicken?

#sigh