Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-03-2015, 06:49 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
So, I was trawling the series of tubes, when I found a Reddit post entitled:
"How I think Anti-vaxxers view their kids"
[Image: 95x88.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
25-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Interestingly that's the opposite of how my pet antivaxxer thinks. He thinks that vaccines are good for herd immunity but that others can pay the cost of this. His children shouldn't have to risk autism and death to protect other people's children. Instead others can take the risk and protect his children.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Every time it get off work on a weekday before 0800, I drive past a special ed school. The crossing guard ALWAYS waves and is always smiling. Even when the weather outside sucks. It's nice after a rough shift to see a stranger's friendly face - it never fails she'll be standing out there all cheerful.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
25-03-2015, 07:08 AM
(25-03-2015 06:55 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Interestingly that's the opposite of how my pet antivaxxer thinks. He thinks that vaccines are good for herd immunity but that others can pay the cost of this. His children shouldn't have to risk autism and death to protect other people's children. Instead others can take the risk and protect his children.

I fail to see the logic there.

He's not willing to 'risk' autism and death in his kids and so hides them behind herd immunity... by exposing them to sickness and weakening the herd immunity...?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-03-2015, 07:12 AM
(25-03-2015 07:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I fail to see the logic there.

He's not willing to 'risk' autism and death in his kids and so hides them behind herd immunity... by exposing them to sickness and weakening the herd immunity...?

Silly boy, looking for logic in an anti-vax argument...

[Image: a2f3d39265592677d2fec2eccfd1060efa274545...2880ce.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
25-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Remembering that no matter how messed up you are, there are still people out there that love you.

Heart

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-03-2015, 06:23 PM
When I'm up late and my girlfriend startles herself by farting in her sleep

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 2 users Like SunnyD1's post
25-03-2015, 06:53 PM
(25-03-2015 06:23 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  When I'm up late and my girlfriend startles herself by farting in her sleep

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Women don't fart. Tongue

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
25-03-2015, 07:01 PM
(25-03-2015 06:53 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 06:23 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  When I'm up late and my girlfriend startles herself by farting in her sleep

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Women don't fart. Tongue

Ha!! Someone could have told me! I've been doing life all wrong No
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
25-03-2015, 07:02 PM
(25-03-2015 07:01 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 06:53 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm afraid you're mistaken. Women don't fart. Tongue

Ha!! Someone could have told me! I've been doing life all wrong No

^ My aunt farted so bad you HAD to go outside, swear her farts could cause global warming.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post