Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-05-2015, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2015 12:09 PM by Nurse.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(19-05-2015 10:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Logged on to The Thinking Atheist on a public computer in the Fiji airport only to find someone had been logged on to the site from here already. Thumbsup

The question is who?

My money's on DLJ

Edited to add:
I'm so freaking jealous! I'd love to visit Fiji - my idea of a good time there would sound like something out of a personal's ad - Hi, I'm Nurse: I'd like to take long walks/runs on the beach, to find adventure nestled in between the island peaks and explore the depths of the ocean, and to relax with a bit of sex on the beach with a cute little cocktail umbrella in my drink (what can I say - sometimes I like fruity drinks like SOTB). Angel I wouldn't want to go alone, though. It's the kind of place where you elope and tell your family later... I've clearly watched waaaaay too much of The Bachelor. Weeping

Post some pics, yeah?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
19-05-2015, 03:55 PM
(19-05-2015 11:37 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Edited to add:
I'm so freaking jealous! I'd love to visit Fiji - my idea of a good time there would sound like something out of a personal's ad - Hi, I'm Nurse: I'd like to take long walks/runs on the beach, to find adventure nestled in between the island peaks and explore the depths of the ocean, and to relax with a bit of sex on the beach with a cute little cocktail umbrella in my drink (what can I say - sometimes I like fruity drinks like SOTB). Angel I wouldn't want to go alone, though. It's the kind of place where you elope and tell your family later... I've clearly watched waaaaay too much of The Bachelor. Weeping

Post some pics, yeah?

I think most of the responses to that ad is who names their kid Nurse.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
19-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Disneyland brought back the Hatbox Ghost in the Haunted Mansion and I get to see it in June.

I can't fucking wait!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-05-2015, 02:24 AM
(19-05-2015 11:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Disneyland brought back the Hatbox Ghost in the Haunted Mansion and I get to see it in June.

I can't fucking wait!!!!

It was also ground zero for the return of measles. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-05-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2015 01:32 PM by Nurse.)
My baby's last day of kindergarten is tomorrow - not sure if I wanna smile or cry. I think a little of both. He's at such a cute age.

From the Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey! soundtrack. Fitting for the 45" tall love of my life:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
21-05-2015, 04:53 AM
I've been meaning to add this since it happened on Tuesday. Just an amusing outburst from my graphing lecturer after getting one too many poorly phrased questions:

"You have all been lied to! In algebra nobody moves things from one side to another! What they do is - I don't have a whiteboard marker!"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-05-2015, 05:57 AM

2:06, Jens proves he's not human. How the fuck do you sing like that.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
21-05-2015, 06:24 AM
(19-05-2015 11:37 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(19-05-2015 10:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Logged on to The Thinking Atheist on a public computer in the Fiji airport only to find someone had been logged on to the site from here already. Thumbsup

The question is who?

My money's on DLJ

Edited to add:

Post some pics, yeah?

Still trying to get home, cancelled flights, lost luggage...argh!

Fiji - maybe I didn't get to the right islands to see what you describe. The big island of Viti Levu is overcrowded so don't bother. I did hear that the Yasawa islands just a ways off were very pretty.

Luckily I spent most of the time on a dive vessel cruising the Bligh Waters (yes, named after Captain Bligh from the Bounty).

I've heard Tahiti is prettier Consider

I'll post a few when I finally get home.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
21-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Ok..sooooo not a rant...

I took ONE Advil and the pain in the tooth went away completely.

I feel like crying I'm so happy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2015, 03:42 PM
"Listen to me, the human world... It's a mess" - but at least I have a cute t-shirt! Big Grin

[Image: rbHi70Z.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post