Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-03-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(13-03-2013 05:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  Seeing (and hearing) a whole bunch of bees in the crocuses outside (purple and white crocuses, btw). Not many things are blooming as yet (though that's gonna change pretty soon) and they have to make do with whatever they can lay their hands legs on. It's actually funny, the way they try to get pollen from the trees, even before the blossoms have opened completely.

[Image: il_fullxfull.321439685.jpg]
I love that you love spring so much Big Grin

That urge to work in my garden is getting stronger and stronger by each new day.

I wish I could post pictures of MY garden in here... Dodgy I deleted my Facebook, so I can't copy the URL. I love my lillies-I have Tiger and Tiny ghost's as well as Irises and Bleeding Hearts, a Weeping Cherry tree. I have red, yellow, pink and purple rose bushes, too. The previous homeowner planted Tulips. I've never really been a fan of them, but they grew on me. All the flowers look beautiful together. And I constantly have blooms because of the different "bloom cycles." (Forgive my not knowing proper terms, as I have only become a gardening amateur in recent years!)

*Runs off to find a picture* Smartass

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
13-03-2013, 06:50 AM
(13-03-2013 05:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  Seeing (and hearing) a whole bunch of bees in the crocuses outside (purple and white crocuses, btw). Not many things are blooming as yet (though that's gonna change pretty soon) and they have to make do with whatever they can lay their hands legs on. It's actually funny, the way they try to get pollen from the trees, even before the blossoms have opened completely.

[Image: il_fullxfull.321439685.jpg]

....Well at least those flowers don't look depressed like those other ones.....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-03-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:35 AM by Peanut.)
My garden makes me smile Heart Big Grin

[Image: 45440_10200174297713400_1873084330_n.jpg]

[Image: 71942_10200174300153461_719267351_n.jpg]

[Image: 576621_10200174300313465_280334699_n.jpg]
I can't figure out what this one is, though. I think it's a lily based on the shape of its leaves, but it's only ONE that grows in a random spot...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 3 users Like Peanut's post
13-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Sunday there was a robin in the yard,
Monday there were great blue herons out back,
Tuesday there were red-winged blackbirds at the feeder.

Spring is coming.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-03-2013, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:40 AM by Vera.)
(13-03-2013 06:47 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I love that you love spring so much

I do love seasons (and spring - most of all). I like the sense of change but it's a change that never really changes, new and yet the same, so it's safe Smile

And I love flowers, in another life I would have loved to have a small flower shop. Pretty soon I'll be here again, blabbering about having seen the first dandelion. I can be so predictable.

Your garden is cute. Smile Also, tulips are the love of my life.

FT, you wouldn't know beauty if it came up behind you and... anyway. Plus, there's beauty in sadness, too. Lots of it.

Also, here you go:
[Image: Snowdrop.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-03-2013, 07:42 AM
(13-03-2013 07:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  Your garden is cute. Smile Also, tulips are the love of my life.
Thanks. I love it, but I'm biased Big Grin

Like I said, tulips have grown on me. Here in Michigan, there is a festival dedicated to tulips in Holland, MI. I think it's just because they are so common around here and I took their beauty for granted? Consider

http://www.tuliptime.com/video-promotion
[Image: holland_Michigan001.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
13-03-2013, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 02:54 PM by Free Thought.)
(13-03-2013 07:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 06:47 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I love that you love spring so much

I do love seasons (and spring - most of all). I like the sense of change but it's a change that never really changes, new and yet the same, so it's safe Smile

And I love flowers, in another life I would have loved to have a small flower shop. Pretty soon I'll be here again, blabbering about having seen the first dandelion. I can be so predictable.

Your garden is cute. Smile Also, tulips are the love of my life.

FT, you wouldn't know beauty if it came up behind you and... anyway. Plus, there's beauty in sadness, too. Lots of it.

Also, here you go:
[Image: Snowdrop.jpg]

Beauty in sadness?

If I told you there was beauty in explosions and fire, I doubt you'd believe me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Wasn't too sure where to post this (didn't think the religious jokes thread was appropriate) and since I hate opening needless new threads with a passion, figured this one might do.

Saw this on flickr - it's called Ordination of Women.

[Image: 8553854769_d062c4c21c_c.jpg]

(Peanut, you should never take anything or anyone for granted. Esp. such transient things as beauty Smile

FreeThought - of course fire is a beautiful thing! As for sadness and beauty, you live long enough, you might change your mind. And then again, you might not. Doesn't really matter to me either way. All I'm saying is, the more things you can find beauty in (or rather, the more things whose beauty you can see), the less barren your world will be.)

Okay, who said all that mawkish stuff? Sure as hell wasn't me Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-03-2013, 11:23 AM
(13-03-2013 07:18 AM)Peanut Wrote:  [Image: 576621_10200174300313465_280334699_n.jpg]
I can't figure out what this one is, though. I think it's a lily based on the shape of its leaves, but it's only ONE that grows in a random spot...

That's a fancy tulip with double petals - most likely a hybrid of some sort. Lately, I have become interested in "parrot" tulips ... the colors and "fringe" edges are a unique hybridization. There are even tulips that have checker boarding on the petals. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-03-2013, 01:06 PM
There is a small boat basin at one end of the street where in the winter months the Manatees come to raise their young. Just a few minutes ago I saw a mother and calf peacefully sleeping so I rushed home to grab my camera and took this image. Life is good.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post