Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-06-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(13-06-2015 08:07 AM)kim Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 12:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ---
Lady Bird won't get in the pool but she will enjoy a nice day in the shade.
----
Needing some refreshment.

[img][Image: P6070853_zpsejiaijs0.jpg][/img]
---

Wow! That looks fantastic. Smile

Many small dogs love water but aren't comfortable with giant pools. My boy Rafer loved to just hop right in any pool I took him to but, we didn't have one.

So one day, I went to the Dollar store and bought a hard plastic kiddie pool, filled it with water and my boy went ape shit. He had his own pool & I was glad he had a safe water source. He used it every day and most days, it was difficult to get him to get out of it to come inside. He would put his snout under the water & blow bubbles- it was hilarious!

Anj, get your pack their very own pool - no humans (except maybe toddlers) allowed. They are easy to move around for partial shade, easy to fill & empty, and no chemicals. They are easy for dogs to get in and out of and they don't need to be filled to the brim for hours of crazy dog fun!

I hope you realize, if I ever make it down to TX again, I'm dropping by ... for a few days. Wink

And you would be quite welcome!

My dogs aren't even fans of baths...I have put each one in the pool when they were young just to see if they would like it and also so they would know they could swim if need be. Now, we just agree that I will get in the pool and they will lounge around on the side coming closer for an occasional pat on the head - for them, not me. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 05:54 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1434412025615_zpsbgiybptk.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
15-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Feeling a bit crummy today with a sore throat and achiness, but I cranked up Champagne Supernova in the car on the drive home and loudly butchered its lyrics. Made me feel better. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
15-06-2015, 07:27 PM
My son and I hiking the Santa Monica Mountains, south of Ventura.

[Image: 24ou0s5.jpg]

Went out and had great seafood afterwards.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2015, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 08:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
So we've been planning on buying a good piano this summer (a pie-anna) and we get this hoity-toity lady, and she points us to a white grand. I start laughing and she wants to know what's so funny. I said "Well didn't you ever see the Pink Panther movies ?" (where Inspector Clouseau ... or someone falls on a white grand, and it totally fall aparts and the owner says "But, ... but ... that's a priceless Steinway", and Clouseau goes "Not any more" ... in classic Clouseau accent. One of his funniest moments I've always thought.) So she looks sort of disgusted, and out comes her son from the office, and says "Ah, ... I'll take care of these guys". We got a (used) Kawai baby grand. Very nice, not expensive (NOT white Hobo ) Funny moment. Lucky for her we didn't take my little brother with us. He would have acted it out. Tongue .. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Kawais are good pianos. My mom has a spinet from them that is just a pretty-sounding instrument, very rich for such a small soundbox.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2015, 10:23 AM
(16-06-2015 08:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So we've been planning on buying a good piano this summer (a pie-anna) and we get this hoity-toity lady, and she points us to a white grand. I start laughing and she wants to know what's so funny. I said "Well didn't you ever see the Pink Panther movies ?" (where Inspector Clouseau ... or someone falls on a white grand, and it totally fall aparts and the owner says "But, ... but ... that's a priceless Steinway", and Clouseau goes "Not any more" ... in classic Clouseau accent. One of his funniest moments I've always thought.) So she looks sort of disgusted, and out comes her son from the office, and says "Ah, ... I'll take care of these guys". We got a (used) Kawai baby grand. Very nice, not expensive (NOT white Hobo ) Funny moment. Lucky for her we didn't take my little brother with us. He would have acted it out. Tongue .. Weeping

Liberace had a white piano. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

[Image: liberace_flipped-superJumbo.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-06-2015, 10:51 AM
(16-06-2015 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 08:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So we've been planning on buying a good piano this summer (a pie-anna) and we get this hoity-toity lady, and she points us to a white grand. I start laughing and she wants to know what's so funny. I said "Well didn't you ever see the Pink Panther movies ?" (where Inspector Clouseau ... or someone falls on a white grand, and it totally fall aparts and the owner says "But, ... but ... that's a priceless Steinway", and Clouseau goes "Not any more" ... in classic Clouseau accent. One of his funniest moments I've always thought.) So she looks sort of disgusted, and out comes her son from the office, and says "Ah, ... I'll take care of these guys". We got a (used) Kawai baby grand. Very nice, not expensive (NOT white Hobo ) Funny moment. Lucky for her we didn't take my little brother with us. He would have acted it out. Tongue .. Weeping

Liberace had a white piano. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

[Image: liberace_flipped-superJumbo.jpg]

A good reason never to have one. Just sayin'. Tongue
I do have a silver candle thingy from my granny ... but it's hidden in the back of a closet. No one will ever know. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Speaking of...

[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-06-2015, 11:52 AM
(16-06-2015 11:29 AM)pablo Wrote:  Speaking of...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post