Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-06-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Our yellow dwarf star is shining with no clouds to block it out this morning. The evolved theropod dinosaurs that are so pleasantly situated outside my window are singing full force against the tiny molecules of earth's atmosphere that have scattered the light in shorter waves giving way to a beautiful hue of blue.

Damn, it's good to be a gangsta'

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Tonechaser77's post
22-06-2015, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 09:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
The debil made me do it....extramarital affair.
Yet another mega-church pastor bites the dust ... Billy Graham's (edit ) grandson.

Lawdy lawdy.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-06-2015, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 07:24 AM by Tonechaser77.)
(22-06-2015 07:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The debil made me do it....extramarital affair.
Yet another mega-church pastor bites the dust ... Billy Graham's son.

Lawdy lawdy.
Facepalm

This is news to me!! I must search and find immediately!! Smile

Looks like it was his grandson...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-...an-affair/

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
22-06-2015, 09:24 AM
(19-06-2015 08:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of our friends bought a new condo. On the wall of the dining room is a copy of one of the famous unicorn tapestries. All kinds of cool beasties and plants in it. Anyway, for our housewarming gift, we gave 'em two little stuffed unicorns to sit on their buffet and look up at the unicorn in the tapestry ... like "Hi dad, is that you ?". What else would heathen atheists give for gifts ? Sadcryface2

Is this the one?

[Image: cloisters_unicorn_tapestry_by_chibiphantom.jpg]

I was mesmerized by this in an art book we had when I was a kid. I really wanted that belt around his neck.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-06-2015, 01:41 PM
(22-06-2015 07:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The debil made me do it....extramarital affair.
Yet another mega-church pastor bites the dust ... Billy Graham's (edit ) grandson.

Lawdy lawdy.
Facepalm

A mega-church pastor has an affair? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-06-2015, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 02:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-06-2015 09:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 08:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of our friends bought a new condo. On the wall of the dining room is a copy of one of the famous unicorn tapestries. All kinds of cool beasties and plants in it. Anyway, for our housewarming gift, we gave 'em two little stuffed unicorns to sit on their buffet and look up at the unicorn in the tapestry ... like "Hi dad, is that you ?". What else would heathen atheists give for gifts ? Sadcryface2

Is this the one?

I was mesmerized by this in an art book we had when I was a kid. I really wanted that belt around his neck.

I think so. .... *Wracking brain* .... There are basically two sets of unicorn tapestries. One is in the Cloisters in NY (the Met's separate Medieval place that Rockefeller bought and gave to them). These are the De Rochfoucuald set found in the 1800's. I think that's where the one you posted is from. I think in the myth these tell, the unicorn is killed (??) There is another set called "The Lady and the Unicorn" (from the Abbey of Cluny ?? in a museum near Paris, ... they used these on the walls of Hogwarts in the movies, they have allegorical depictions of the "senses" ... like taste and smell and touch etc.) ... I may have all this totally mixed up. But the one on my friend's wall is the "Mon Seul Desir" (the last one) from the Lady and the Unicorn" series. I should buy them a book about that set. The style is French "mille fleur" ("a thousand flowers".). There are so many flowers and rabbits and dogs and squirrels and other cool little critters in it, you can look all day and not see them all. Look at the bottom left corner on the fence of this one. There's a tiny dog sitting there. Everything in these has an allegorical meaning. I think I want one. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-06-2015, 11:12 PM
(22-06-2015 09:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Is this the one?

Pretty sure that's not a unicorn but rather a one horned goat.
23-06-2015, 12:11 AM
(21-06-2015 04:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 02:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  When a gaming community of a few thousand members comes together in support of a rival clan who has lost a member in real life.

[Image: Screenshot_2015-06-21-00-51-29_zps6lvwdxz0.png]
(It's a proud moment even though it's a sad occasion)

But... What am I looking at here...?

Look at the "RIP Katie" flame in the field of players.

Atir aissom atir imon
23-06-2015, 06:48 AM
The musings of Dr. Greg House always put a smile on my face.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
23-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Smile? Hell, I'm fucking giddy! Massive solar storm means we might get the Northern Lights down here in Kansas tonight!

Its kind of a well kept secret that we get them quite a bit here - a lot more frequently than people think. They usually show up a shimmering silver & green ... it is rare to see blue & red unless it's a really big storm blowing through the pole hole. The one today looks to be a whopper! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post