Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-07-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(01-07-2015 08:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 07:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would prefer to shave his head - that gawdawful comb over just has to go.

Oh no. Just think of all the critters that will have to find a new home. Birds, bats and all kinds of insects would fly out.

On a separate note ... my sister gave me my great grampa's 2 big traveling "steamer" trunks. They were pretty cruddy. So I warshed 'em up, and sprayed them with ArmorAll. Holy crap. Turns out they are beautiful black leather, and there are some old "stamps" (or whatever they are called from famous trains, and cruise-liners and steamers they went galavanting on.) OMG, So cool. "Holland America Line Stateroom 1936, with his name typed on it...... but ..... I left the bottle of ArmorAll out on the balcony by the plant spray, and a few plants had a few bugs. So ... Bucky treats the plants with ArmorAll. Weeping .. Yes ..Hobo
Boy were THEY mad. But, today I see they are going to live and be fine. What a dunce I am. Rolleyes

I have two steamer trunks...not cool ones like that but ones that were pretty standard for those in the military. One holds all sorts of sewing odds and ends. The other is full of junk and really needs to be emptied and used for something else. I have had them for years.

Bet the plants have a nice shine. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Watching a TED talk about a lady who solo sailed around the world. There was a part of the ocean she was at where the nearest people to her were those on the space station. WTF that blows my mind.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
02-07-2015, 02:16 AM
(01-07-2015 09:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watching a TED talk about a lady who solo sailed around the world. There was a part of the ocean she was at where the nearest people to her were those on the space station. WTF that blows my mind.

That is pretty cool.

Makes me happy that we don't live in a universe where shit isn't necessarily intuitive.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-07-2015, 07:21 AM
(02-07-2015 02:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 09:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watching a TED talk about a lady who solo sailed around the world. There was a part of the ocean she was at where the nearest people to her were those on the space station. WTF that blows my mind.

That is pretty cool.

Makes me happy that we don't live in a universe where shit isn't necessarily intuitive.

One too many negatives? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2015, 07:47 AM
(02-07-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 02:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That is pretty cool.

You can't never have too many negatives!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
02-07-2015, 10:30 AM
(02-07-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 02:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That is pretty cool.

What if I told you that was part of the point of the post?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Finally found book that I've long looking for - Faith of the Soviet Man.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Lambert was taken in by In-Sync Exotics last year when he was just a tiny little thing. I have been watching him grow up - here he is sporting an awesome Mohawk. The people there do such great work with all the animals they take in.

[img][Image: Lambert_zps9lnpwsrc.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2015, 06:58 PM
(02-07-2015 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lambert was taken in by In-Sync Exotics last year when he was just a tiny little thing. I have been watching him grow up - here he is sporting an awesome Mohawk. The people there do such great work with all the animals they take in.

I just looked that place up. It's basically an exotic cat rescue right?

I just can't shake the fact that somebody managed to get a lion into the country... By the gods why?!

02-07-2015, 07:07 PM
(02-07-2015 06:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lambert was taken in by In-Sync Exotics last year when he was just a tiny little thing. I have been watching him grow up - here he is sporting an awesome Mohawk. The people there do such great work with all the animals they take in.

I just looked that place up. It's basically an exotic cat rescue right?

I just can't shake the fact that somebody managed to get a lion into the country... By the gods why?!

They are just a couple miles from my house. We go there now and then and I donate to the cause.

They rescue exotic animals that people finally figure out they can't keep and others who have been kept in private zoos and treated poorly. Some have been declawed, one lost an eye, lots of abuse in their former lives (for most of them). They have a pretty decent life at In-Sync.

The vets we go to for our pets are the vets for the animals there. It's pretty much run by volunteers and operates thanks to donations.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post