Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(02-07-2015 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lambert was taken in by In-Sync Exotics last year when he was just a tiny little thing. I have been watching him grow up - here he is sporting an awesome Mohawk. The people there do such great work with all the animals they take in.

[img][Image: Lambert_zps9lnpwsrc.jpg][/img]

Ahh! He's so pretty! Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 07:09 PM
(02-07-2015 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lambert was taken in by In-Sync Exotics last year when he was just a tiny little thing. I have been watching him grow up - here he is sporting an awesome Mohawk. The people there do such great work with all the animals they take in.

What a gorgeous animal!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-07-2015, 07:10 PM
(02-07-2015 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 06:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I just looked that place up. It's basically an exotic cat rescue right?

I just can't shake the fact that somebody managed to get a lion into the country... By the gods why?!

They are just a couple miles from my house. We go there now and then and I donate to the cause.

They rescue exotic animals that people finally figure out they can't keep and others who have been kept in private zoos and treated poorly. Some have been declawed, one lost an eye, lots of abuse in their former lives (for most of them). They have a pretty decent life at In-Sync.

The vets we go to for our pets are the vets for the animals there. It's pretty much run by volunteers and operates thanks to donations.

Cool. Unfortunately, most good deeds go unrewarded.

It's awesome that a group like that exists to make sure the animals are looked after. But at the same time, their existence is kinda depressing...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-07-2015, 07:10 PM
(01-07-2015 09:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watching a TED talk about a lady who solo sailed around the world. There was a part of the ocean she was at where the nearest people to her were those on the space station. WTF that blows my mind.

Hyperlink pretty please.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-07-2015, 07:11 PM
We have two little black squirrels I feed peanuts to, on the way out the door in the morning. Today they brought their new tiny baby (also jet black) out to show me. Then I see we have a new albino squirrel too. Maybe they'll make striped squirrels ? Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-07-2015, 07:12 PM
(02-07-2015 07:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We have two little black squirrels I feed peanuts to, on the way out the door in the morning. Today they brought their new tiny baby out to show me. Then I see we have a new albino squirrel too. Maybe they'll make striped squirrels ? Rolleyes

Only if you point a stick at them while they mate.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
(02-07-2015 07:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

What a gorgeous animal!

I saw him in person a couple months ago. Watched the director giving him his vitamins. She was in the enclosure with him and he was loving every bit of attention from her, she has been his mom since he was just a couple months old.

There was an enclosure with three tigers, one male and two females. We were told to stay back a bit as the male would spray if you got too close to his ladies. The director came out of a building across the walkway and started talking to the male. He stated chuffing and carrying on and was so excited she was coming to see him. Her bond with all the animals is amazing. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
(02-07-2015 07:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We have two little black squirrels I feed peanuts to, on the way out the door in the morning. Today they brought their new tiny baby (also jet black) out to show me. Then I see we have a new albino squirrel too. Maybe they'll make striped squirrels ? Rolleyes

are you sure its albino? There are white squirrels in Hendersonville, NC and I think a few other places.

sweet they were letting you meet the baby.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-07-2015, 07:15 PM
(02-07-2015 07:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We have two little black squirrels I feed peanuts to, on the way out the door in the morning. Today they brought their new tiny baby (also jet black) out to show me. Then I see we have a new albino squirrel too. Maybe they'll make striped squirrels ? Rolleyes

My parents have skunks that hang out in the backyard (including an albino). They're kinda like striped squirrels. Just a wee bit more ornery...and smelly.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-07-2015, 07:16 PM
(02-07-2015 07:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They are just a couple miles from my house. We go there now and then and I donate to the cause.

They rescue exotic animals that people finally figure out they can't keep and others who have been kept in private zoos and treated poorly. Some have been declawed, one lost an eye, lots of abuse in their former lives (for most of them). They have a pretty decent life at In-Sync.

The vets we go to for our pets are the vets for the animals there. It's pretty much run by volunteers and operates thanks to donations.

Cool. Unfortunately, most good deeds go unrewarded.

It's awesome that a group like that exists to make sure the animals are looked after. But at the same time, their existence is kinda depressing...

It really isn't depressing. They have huge enclosures and pools. Toys and play time to interact with the crew. When you go there in person you realize that it's not a depressing place at all but the best possible solution to someone else's poor decision.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post