Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-07-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(05-07-2015 04:54 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 09:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I discovered an amazing type of horse called an Akhal Teke. It almost looks metallic. There are different colors and they all shimmer in the sun. This one is sort of a blond/silver color. Look at the muscles. They're stunningly beautiful, don't you think?

[Image: akhal-teke.jpg?itok=s1R7hzK1]

Here's a brown dappled Akhal Teke

[Image: a1a18c2df6d909e7ef64ce8e27808e3a.jpg]

Bronze colored...

[Image: 3674421214_9dbc42db08.jpg]

It's a 3000 year old breed that's from Turkmenistan. It's a desert horse.

http://horsetalk.co.nz/2013/08/06/akhal-...z3f20tQ1bn

If I had been born in a rich family I'd probably be very much into horses but we were super poor and the best we could do is own a donkey named Piccaro who loved to eat the laundry that my mother would hang out to dry. He also opened our front door during dinner, came in and tried to make himself to home. Crazy donkey.
Yes yes. Very beautiful until they kill you. . . well kick you really. Nope horses are very frightening animals that should not be trusted.

Nope. They don't kick without a reason.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2015, 07:12 PM
(05-07-2015 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 09:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I discovered an amazing type of horse called an Akhal Teke. It almost looks metallic. There are different colors and they all shimmer in the sun. This one is sort of a blond/silver color. Look at the muscles. They're stunningly beautiful, don't you think?

[Image: akhal-teke.jpg?itok=s1R7hzK1]

Here's a brown dappled Akhal Teke

[Image: a1a18c2df6d909e7ef64ce8e27808e3a.jpg]

Bronze colored...

[Image: 3674421214_9dbc42db08.jpg]

It's a 3000 year old breed that's from Turkmenistan. It's a desert horse.

http://horsetalk.co.nz/2013/08/06/akhal-...z3f20tQ1bn

If I had been born in a rich family I'd probably be very much into horses but we were super poor and the best we could do is own a donkey named Piccaro who loved to eat the laundry that my mother would hang out to dry. He also opened our front door during dinner, came in and tried to make himself to home. Crazy donkey.

Have you seen the Austrian Lipizanners ?

I think 3 year old turf horses that obviously love to run around are the most spectacular sight. Sometimes their legs look like they can' possible hold up.

Lipizanner stallions are beautiful. There was a PBS program about Austrian Lipizanners which was very informative.

So the turf jockeys look like they sit up on the horse more. Wow. I've never watched turf horses. Yes, they are graceful.

When a horse looks at you they always look as if they know something you don't know... but they ain't telling. It's one of their most appealing aspects.

In Gulliver's Travels the character meets up with a race of intelligent, talking horses who have more ethics than people. I can't remember the details but it puts horses in a good light.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow! Those Akhal Teke are beautiful. I always liked horses but not sure they like me personally - seem to like to bite me more than anything. At least, that's been my experience with the fancier breeds.

However, I've noticed the large staff breeds feel more comfortable around me. I've thought about owning one and paying a nearby friend to board it. I wouldn't mind owning a Blue Percheron. They are the smaller of the large draft breeds but still, they are monsters.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-07-2015, 10:56 PM
(05-07-2015 05:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 04:54 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Yes yes. Very beautiful until they kill you. . . well kick you really. Nope horses are very frightening animals that should not be trusted.

Nope. They don't kick without a reason.
They are still frightening. I don't trust horses. Not even after one of them help me land my first GF. Nope nervous pray animals that are that big is not to be trusted.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
05-07-2015, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 11:08 PM by kim.)
Here's a Blue Roan Gypsy Percheron
http://rs291.pbsrc.com/albums/ll284/gyps...ng~320x480
They are big ... a whole lotta horse. Shy

Well, poop - it's a png - oh well, hope the link works.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-07-2015, 07:35 PM
(05-07-2015 10:56 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 05:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. They don't kick without a reason.
They are still frightening. I don't trust horses. Not even after one of them help me land my first GF. Nope nervous pray animals that are that big is not to be trusted.

They're not prey animals. They're grazers.

On another note, my laptop was running really weird, and it must have been infected with something. I re-formatted the hard drive, and now it runs like a top.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Even though the old fashioned film projector seems pretty simple there was still a lot going on.

I love the stuff this guy does. He has a clean, easy way of explaining things.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-07-2015, 10:46 PM
(08-07-2015 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 10:56 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  They are still frightening. I don't trust horses. Not even after one of them help me land my first GF. Nope nervous pray animals that are that big is not to be trusted.

They're not prey animals. They're grazers.

On another note, my laptop was running really weird, and it must have been infected with something. I re-formatted the hard drive, and now it runs like a top.
Big Grin
Well they sure isn't predators which means they are pray. They are twitchy and nervous and freaking dangerous. I would NEVER trust a horse. just wait one day they will rise up and take over. And where will you god be. . . wait never mind that last part.

I just don't like horses.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-07-2015, 12:20 AM
Joe's on Jubilee in Atlanta on Wednesday night. Freaking amazing.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
(08-07-2015 10:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I just don't like horses.

When I was a kid working as a jackaroo another kid got thrown from his horse and landed on a wooden fence with it between his legs. I remember him slowly rolling off to the side and onto the ground. He just lay there amid loads of cattle. He ended up having to have an operation on one of his testicles.

He hated horses after that. And his facial expression still gives me chills whenever I remember it. Sadcryface

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.