Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-07-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(09-07-2015 05:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I just don't like horses.

When I was a kid working as a jackaroo another kid got thrown from his horse and landed on a wooden fence with it between his legs. I remember him slowly rolling off to the side and onto the ground. He just lay there amid loads of cattle. He ended up having to have an operation on one of his testicles.

He hated horses after that. And his facial expression still gives me chills whenever I remember it. Sadcryface
See that's what getting near one gets you. I have never had such an experience in fact the one time I have ridden a horse was for a beat. That I won. It landed me a cooked dinner with the girl who became my first GF. That said I still don't trust them.

I'm interested inknowing what a jackaroo is, care to elaborate?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Re: RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(08-07-2015 10:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  ...just wait one day they will rise up and take over.

Nope. That will be the cows because the vegetarians don't eat enough of them. Rolleyes Angel

I used to train horses. With the proper precautions, instruction, and a well-trained, gentle horse, it's *fairly* safe. Of course I didn't handle gentle animals... and I was kind of a dumbass.

Once I hit the ground just right.. it tore up my shoulder. Doctors operated and put it back together with pins. They did great, but my shoulder still doesn't work right.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
09-07-2015, 06:27 AM
(09-07-2015 06:11 AM)mecanna Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  ...just wait one day they will rise up and take over.

Nope. That will be the cows because the vegetarians don't eat enough of them. Rolleyes Angel

I used to train horses. With the proper precautions, instruction, and a well-trained, gentle horse, it's *fairly* safe. Of course I didn't handle gentle animals... and I was kind of a dumbass.

Once I hit the ground just right.. it tore up my shoulder. Doctors operated and put it back together with pins. They did great, but my shoulder still doesn't work right.
Well I'm sure beefeaters consume more than enough to make sure cows never get far. Horses on the other hand have a hold of the hearts of so many people. And even experienced horse people get in trouble once in a while as you said. Horses are bad. . . M-kaaaay.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-07-2015, 06:32 AM
(09-07-2015 05:58 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  See that's what getting near one gets you. I have never had such an experience in fact the one time I have ridden a horse was for a beat. That I won. It landed me a cooked dinner with the girl who became my first GF. That said I still don't trust them.

Pretty much this.

jackaroo
ˌdʒakəˈruː/Submit
AUSTRALIAN/NZinformal
noun
a young man working on a sheep or cattle station to gain experience.
verb
work as a jackaroo.

You basically do the shitty jobs nobody else wants to do. Some places where you work are in the middle of nowhere. The nearest shop could be 100's of kilometers away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-07-2015, 06:39 AM
(09-07-2015 06:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 05:58 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  See that's what getting near one gets you. I have never had such an experience in fact the one time I have ridden a horse was for a beat. That I won. It landed me a cooked dinner with the girl who became my first GF. That said I still don't trust them.

Pretty much this.

jackaroo
ˌdʒakəˈruː/Submit
AUSTRALIAN/NZinformal
noun
a young man working on a sheep or cattle station to gain experience.
verb
work as a jackaroo.

You basically do the shitty jobs nobody else wants to do. Some places where you work are in the middle of nowhere. The nearest shop could be 100's of kilometers away.
Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Idiot audience member climbs up on a Broadway stage to plug his cell phone into an outlet. The outlet turns out to be fake.....'cause it's a stage set. Hahahaha.

People are stupid sometimes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh my. I will share this with my brother.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
09-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Limberbutt McCubbins for President!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/09...64144.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 10:17 PM
[Image: orig-8023221.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
10-07-2015, 12:06 AM
Re: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
The bugs on my porch.

Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like mecanna's post