Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-08-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(06-08-2015 09:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hehehe Big Grin DLJ's pissed Smile I like to think I had a hand in that Big Grin

How do you make him mad?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 10:32 AM
(06-08-2015 09:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 09:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hehehe Big Grin DLJ's pissed Smile I like to think I had a hand in that Big Grin

Now who's earned the naughty chair? Tongue

Not to worry. There's only one, and currently there is a long waiting list for the naughty chair.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
(06-08-2015 10:30 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

How do you make him mad?

Post pictures of a particular species of metazoa in its natural state, not with vegetable or synthetic fibrous matter obscuring the gametes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2015, 10:58 AM
(06-08-2015 10:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:30 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  How do you make him mad?

Post pictures of a particular species of metazoa in its natural state, not with vegetable or synthetic fibrous matter obscuring the gametes.

So run into his playboy mansion and take one of his girls.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-08-2015, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 11:30 AM by Szuchow.)
Job interview at Monday. After sending CV's which could be even not acknowledged it is welcome change.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
07-08-2015, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 08:56 AM by Free Thought.)
Small smile-causing thing story time:

I stopped by an EBGames on my way home today, talked with an employee about the game Shadow of Morder; apparently the staff all loved the game.
I told him my only issue so far with the game (which isn't much of an issue anyway); the Orcs all sound ridiculously cockney.

The employee thought to explain it by way of american voice actors being more expensive thanks to their higher profile, so they went with UK VA's instead.

I expounded that I didn't mind the accents: It's that they sound like Warhammer Orks, and thanks to that, I just cannot get into a fight with an Orc without hearing "SPHACE MAHWEENS!"

A look of horror washed over his face for a second before he gasped, recoiled with his hands to his temples and exclaimed " argh... You've ruined it for me! I never realised..."

Later in the conversation, he broached the topic the new games coming out (as per EB policy, he attempted to sell pre-orders to me; only ones I care for are Fallout 4 and Legacy of the Void), which soon drifted to his exasperation at people who ask him "When the next Skyrim is coming out." Such questions annoy him because it shows the asker doesn't know jack about the series in question, I then called back to my mentioning LOTV by quipping "So, when's the next Wings of Liberty coming out?"
He responded with an enthusiastic "Exactly! I get those and.. I'm just.. I'm out."
... I didn't have the heart to tell him that 'twas not long ago that I was that ignorant, thinking Wings of Liberty as a Starcraft II expansion, not the actual game...

It's the little things, eh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Quote:which soon drifted to his exasperation at people who ask him "When the next Skyrim is coming out."

bro! My work colleagues talk about "playing the new Skyrim" in reference to ESO coming out on console.
It bothers the fucking shit out of me.

GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL!!!!

*shiver*

The pain is real, so so real.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-08-2015, 07:28 PM
[img][Image: 988708_10201539374346921_1501120603_n_zpsy8t2k1ot.jpg][/img]

This popped up on my Facebook page today - a memory from two years ago...makes me happy and sad...it was two years ago and the last time I saw my middle child and her two kids. Undecided

At least it made her say she misses us...she's been kind of in hiding lately...often a sign that she is struggling with addiction again. The fact that she said she misses us is a good thing, she may be breaking back through.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 07:35 PM
(08-08-2015 07:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: 988708_10201539374346921_1501120603_n_zpsy8t2k1ot.jpg][/img]

This popped up on my Facebook page today - a memory from two years ago...makes me happy and sad...it was two years ago and the last time I saw my middle child and her two kids. Undecided

At least it made her say she misses us...she's been kind of in hiding lately...often a sign that she is struggling with addiction again. The fact that she said she misses us is a good thing, she may be breaking back through.

Best wishes. Addictions can be a very hard thing to break but if she is anything like her mother no doubt she can break it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
09-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Ever since I saw "Amadeus" I figured I would not like Don Giovanni (too dark ? as he hated his father, and the guy that falls into hell in the opera, was, supposedly, a representation of his father). So I finally got around to listening to it ... OMG REALLY really nice music, not so dark, and whenever they start the "recitatives" (talking lines) my dog perks up his ears ... he thinks they're talking to him. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.