Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(12-08-2015 06:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  BTW, what actor?

Dave Legeno? MMA guy. Was in one of the Harry Potters, I think.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-08-2015, 06:52 PM
(12-08-2015 06:48 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 06:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  BTW, what actor?

Dave Legeno? MMA guy. Was in one of the Harry Potters, I think.

Yeah, just saw that--very sad.
12-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Hang with me on this one...I must give a little background.

A young woman who grew up with my kids had a little boy about 7 years ago who was born with multiple birth defects. He had a severe cleft palate and suffered Amniotic Band Syndrome that affected all four limbs to different degrees. He has been through a zillion surgeries in his short life. One arm/hand is pretty good. They are working to repair the other hand and both legs end around the knee area.

The other day she posted of a picture of him standing on their porch in a T-shirt and jogging pants. She said he asked her to take a picture of him in pants because his legs are finally long enough. Big Grin His new prosthetic legs have him able to wear pants.

It's been amazing to watch this little fellow. Medical science and the human spirit is amazing. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
12-08-2015, 07:02 PM
(12-08-2015 06:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 06:48 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Dave Legeno? MMA guy. Was in one of the Harry Potters, I think.

Yeah, just saw that--very sad.

That, too!
Even Tanner, another MMA fighter, died after riding his bike off into the desert, and running out of gas.
Yes! Death Valley sound like a wonderful place to go! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-08-2015, 07:16 PM
(12-08-2015 07:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 06:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, just saw that--very sad.

That, too!
Even Tanner, another MMA fighter, died after riding his bike off into the desert, and running out of gas.
Yes! Death Valley sound like a wonderful place to go! Confused

Yeah, but I think with anything, you have to be responsible when you do things. For instance, they have guided tours and obviously it would be wise to go during a cooler time of year.
12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Logged my 2000th lifetime dive today Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
12-08-2015, 07:24 PM
(12-08-2015 07:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Logged my 2000th lifetime dive today Big Grin

Congrats FC! Clap
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Man, I don't mean to gloss over the hurt his death must have caused his family/friends, but that's a "Darwin Awards" type of violation, right there. Unless you are seriously, seriously hammering on the throttle, motorcycles tend to get very consistent fuel mileage.

Since they have no fuel gauge, you use miles as your gas tank, by resetting the trip-meter on your speedometer/odometer every time you fill up. I, for instance, know that my Road King 110ci CVO gets 40 mpg in cruise configuration, and holds just under six gallons of gas (some of that is the reserve tank), so I know to never allow more than 200-240 miles before I stop for gas. If this guy managed to run out of gas in the desert out there, it was from a "you have no right to reproduce" level of poor planning, or suicide.

(Edit to Add: my bike has a fuel gauge, but if you use the notoriously inaccurate fuel gauges on a motorcycle... see above.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 08:15 PM
When I've been so busy, and haven't had time to come back to a favorite site, and then...I find some time to breathe, and post here again. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
12-08-2015, 10:00 PM
I just got a fb page to take down a bullshit story about Mars being super close to Earth later this month. Big Grin I'm sure some of you have seen the story.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post