Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-08-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
The timer just dinged.

Dinner's ready!

[Image: giphy.gif]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
26-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Yesterday grandson flatly refused to go back to school. He hates it. Simply hates it.

Called my daughter today to see if he went to school today. He did but wasn't happy about it. She explained to him that if he and his sister didn't go to school she may be put in jail. He decided to take one for the team. Will see how things progress from here.

Glad it's her and not me dealing with him - I did my time.

And daughter sounds really good. I mentioned to her that she sounded better. She said she had been really depressed...now if that's the truth or not, I can't say. But she sounded better, a lot better, so I am a less worried. Her past addiction issues make cause me concern when she gets into the mood she's been in the last couple months.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
26-08-2015, 06:29 PM
(26-08-2015 04:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:33 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Apparently I'm notorious in the religious communities that knock my neighborhood. I was walking to my car and every one of them gave me a dirty look. I tried not to laugh Laugh out load
"That boy's got the devil in 'em"

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!"

*maintains eye contact while finishing breakfast*

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
26-08-2015, 08:45 PM
(26-08-2015 04:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yesterday grandson flatly refused to go back to school. He hates it. Simply hates it.

Called my daughter today to see if he went to school today. He did but wasn't happy about it. She explained to him that if he and his sister didn't go to school she may be put in jail. He decided to take one for the team. Will see how things progress from here.

And daughter sounds really good. I mentioned to her that she sounded better. She said she had been really depressed...now if that's the truth or not, I can't say. But she sounded better, a lot better, so I am a less worried. Her past addiction issues make cause me concern when she gets into the mood she's been in the last couple months.

The first year or two of clean and sober is no cake walk. Mood swings are the norm. Yes

Trust me, I've seen a lot of drunks and addicts in early recovery.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be concerned or not be vigilant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 08:50 PM
(26-08-2015 08:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 04:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yesterday grandson flatly refused to go back to school. He hates it. Simply hates it.

The first year or two of clean and sober is no cake walk. Mood swings are the norm. Yes

Trust me, I've seen a lot of drunks and addicts in early recovery.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be concerned or not be vigilant.

Oh, I know. I just felt it important to point out that I see a positive difference in her lately. It's easy to become exhausted with her ups and downs. I try to keep that frustration from her until I get to the point where I am really worried about her (and the kids') welfare.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-08-2015, 05:24 AM
I present to you, preparing dinner for people with:
[Image: b2bea8f3c5a1ef30ec36de6ca4af1637.png]
FAAAAT ASSESSS!

[Image: 32838c54881bdca427f8b135373a0065.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
27-08-2015, 07:10 AM
(27-08-2015 05:24 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I present to you, preparing dinner for people with:
FAAAAT ASSESSS!

Having your laptop at the bench while you're cooking is legit as fuck bro.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-08-2015, 07:13 AM
I overheard my brothers story, where he was on skype with a girl, and she was turned on by my working noises. Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Oh yes, balsam is working, hair is silky smooth. Feel like I could be in a L'orêal commercial
[Image: 25f.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
27-08-2015, 06:01 PM
(27-08-2015 05:24 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I present to you, preparing dinner for people with:
FAAAAT ASSESSS!

Is that bacon in the skillet? Drooling