RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
03-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Listening to Tim McGraw and Gwyneth interview each other on half speed (for ease of capping), sounding strung out on heroin. Evil_monster

Mmnn, cap:
[Image: 2P23dP9.png]
yes please Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Wow go e-harmony! Their most recent commercial has the e-harmony guy asking if his waitress is on the site to meet someone. She says "no, I can't be... I'm not religious at all Undecided " guys like that doesn't matter! Join!! Advertising aimed at the secular crowd, I'm guessing to put its nose up at Christian mingle Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Must be different than they were back in 2005. Members of SOMA (my old atheism group) conducted an experiment to see if they were a religious site.

We all logged onto OKCupid and entered our personality info, getting >90% matches in many cases. Then, the ones with the highest personality matches filled out e-Harmony profiles and entered "No religion" (atheist) in that section during one of their free weekends.

Not one of us got a match from e-Harmony. We got emails every so often from the site, inviting us to join the paid version, and they all said

"You match with the following people in your area:

."

Even though we knew we had a dozen of us at the same ZIP code on that site, just from our own entries. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(03-09-2015 12:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Listening to Tim McGraw and Gwyneth interview each other on half speed (for ease of capping), sounding strung out on heroin. Evil_monster

Mmnn, cap:
[Image: 2P23dP9.png]
yes please Heart

Heart her clothes Drooling
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Yesterday I grounded my 6 year old from playing video games in the morning (for a week) because he knows he has to get ready for school first and then he can play if time is left over. Well he didn't follow this and ended up being late which resulted in him coming close to missing the bus.

This morning my mother was over helping to get the kids ready and sure enough I came downstairs to find him trying to play his games again. When he saw me he immediately stood up and said "I'm sorry I forgot." I responded, "you forgot??? You knew immediately when I came down the stairs that you were doing something that you weren't supposed to be doing because of your actions and then you defer it because you forgot?" His response was golden and had me in true LOL mode: "well when I got grounded yesterday, it was in my short-term memory, I didn't commit it to long term memory because it was only in there for 30 seconds...that's why I forgot"

With a bullshit answer (that could be true) as good as that, I almost re-nigged on the grounding just because I was so proud of him knowing that little brain fact.

#lovekids

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 10 users Like Tonechaser77's post
03-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Discovering a 10th season of Red Dwarf on YouTube.

I watched them all last night. The boys are back on form.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Today is our company picnic and everyone who has a well behaved dog is supposed to bring it in to work for the party.

THERE ARE DOGS EVERYWHERE! I've already been knocked over twice to get puppy kisses. If there were a heaven, it would be like this.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
04-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Ripe nectarines. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Just learned about Quokka's

[Image: Qokka_by_the_Hotel_Rottnest%2C_WA%2C_Rot...Island.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post