[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-09-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(04-09-2015 10:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 10:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just learned about Quokka's

[Image: Qokka_by_the_Hotel_Rottnest%2C_WA%2C_Rot...Island.jpg]

So cute!

I know!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Didn't even know there was a season 5.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
05-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Although this was taken some days ago, he/she is still her. Just showed up one day and has stuck here ever since. Been too busy to find the number on her/his foot:
[Image: fddc4fc8634a2ae1cf4e6d2cca6af043.png]
[Image: a70d670883fa0983f0689485046d24fd.png]

Since we drive in and out corn, and it has rained a lot the last few days, he/she isn't starving. Probably why he/she's stayed here anyway.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
06-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I think I've found a field in nursing that I could be happy with!!!

Nursing informatics - they make great money and don't have to take out massive amounts of malpractice insurance. It's an MSN, so I'd be able to use it to teach at a university if I so desired. With all of the bitching I do about the lack of efficiency with our charting systems (and I've used seven different ones in the clinical setting), with my increasing distaste for people and longing to leave the bedside, with my ire at having to work thanksgiving and Christmas with the only holidays off this year being New Year's Eve and Memorial Day, with my back hurting all the time, etc, this gives me a great work life and great pay. No reason I can't take a lunch. I'm constantly making unheard suggestions. With this I could put my ideas to good use.

Plus, I don't have to quit work and live strictly off of loans to pursue this degree as I would if I attended CRNA school, and I won't have to move even farther away from my son. It's offered by my university, one of the top ranked nursing schools in the country, which offers partial tuition reimbursement. I would get to attend my dream school. Shy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
06-09-2015, 08:46 AM
(06-09-2015 08:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I think I've found a field in nursing that I could be happy with!!!

Nursing informatics - they make great money and don't have to take out massive amounts of malpractice insurance. It's an MSN, so I'd be able to use it to teach at a university if I so desired. With all of the bitching I do about the lack of efficiency with our charting systems (and I've used seven different ones in the clinical setting), with my increasing distaste for people and longing to leave the bedside, with my ire at having to work thanksgiving and Christmas with the only holidays off this year being New Year's Eve and Memorial Day, with my back hurting all the time, etc, this gives me a great work life and great pay. No reason I can't take a lunch. I'm constantly making unheard suggestions. With this I could put my ideas to good use.

Plus, I don't have to quit work and live strictly off of loans to pursue this degree as I would if I attended CRNA school, and I won't have to move even farther away from my son. It's offered by my university, one of the top ranked nursing schools in the country, which offers partial tuition reimbursement. I would get to attend my dream school. Shy

Sounds like a perfect fit for you and one that you would be really good at!
06-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Hummus and veggie bagel and Jamba Juice smoothie Drooling
07-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Eating breakfast on the porch, on a day off, with a light morning rain coming down!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-09-2015, 09:07 AM
(07-09-2015 06:40 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Eating breakfast on the porch, on a day off, with a light morning rain coming down!

That sounds so nice Smile
07-09-2015, 09:20 AM
17 hours in a bra, now finally climbing into bed in my comfy pjs. Sweet relief. (for a few hours, anyway, tonight is 4/5 in a row Hobo )

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman