Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-09-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Though I still hate that Chopper had to have nine teeth extracted on Thursday, I do have to say that he seems to feel better than he has for a while. That makes me happy. Smile

And it hasn't seemed to have slowed down his food consumption a bit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-09-2015, 05:47 PM
I think I may have finally entered that magical realm of giving zero fucks what my parents think of what I do with my life. And it is fucking fantastic. Cool

[+] 11 users Like Escape Artist's post
20-09-2015, 05:53 PM
(20-09-2015 05:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I think I may have finally entered that magical realm of giving zero fucks what my parents think of what I do with my life. And it is fucking fantastic. Cool

I think the bolded words are the magical words. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-09-2015, 10:27 PM
(20-09-2015 05:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 05:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I think I may have finally entered that magical realm of giving zero fucks what my parents think of what I do with my life. And it is fucking fantastic. Cool

I think the bolded words are the magical words. Smile

Agreed.

My parents, both of them, are going to die on the hill of trying to get me to live out in the country. It is just sad and a little pathetic to listen to the both of them try, each in their own way, to get me not to move to Waco. They hate town, they think people get robbed or raped every day if you live in town, they think that everyone is up in your business in town, they think people live "on top of" one another and just... ugh, other stuff that was in no way my experience when I did have the privilege of living in town.

In a city (yes, I realize I'm playing fast and loose with that word when it comes to Wacko Waco), you can be anyone or no one. There is a certain anonymity about living there that appeals to me. Unlike living out here in the sticks, you can go months without ever bumping into anyone you know.

I like the neon signs that light up the interstate. I like how the city always feel alive and energetic. I like being close to parks and movie theaters and shopping centers. I like driving up the narrow little streets downtown with my windows rolled down, listening to the tires against the pavement, the music wafting out of local bars.

Anyway, I'll admit I romanticize city life the same way my folks romanticize country life, but the difference is that I am not trying to persuade them to move to the city. I think they're odd for wanting to be so far away from everything but they think I am odd for wanting to be in the thick of it. Just wish they would let me be about it and realize that this is a lost cause. I do not want the same things they want, and I am not living out the life they wanted for me, and for some reason this drives them batty and causes them to typically make me miserable about the whole affair.

But today was like it finally clicked or something. Rev and I have talked about this subject many times. And basically what it comes down to is, even if I were to move to the areas around town that they "approve of" they still won't like it because I'm not going to be living out in their pasture. >.> So might as well do what makes me happy. They can either get on board and be happy for me, or they can kiss it. Tongue

[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
21-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Our little EA is all grown up now... Sadcryface2

K, back to the silliness. Fuck facebook. They really know how to bring out the inner neurotic. They have this annoying response time indicator which lit my jets last week because in order to activate the icon one must respond to messages within five minutes or less yet facebook consistently somehow manages to hide messages in the void until after five minutes have expired...

Then this happened.

[Image: rJeftns.png]

With Gwynnies, all things are possible. Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 09:17 AM
This shouldn't make me smile. I made pancakes for my younger son for breakfast. Yeah I'm one of those moms.

Anyway. I made 6. He ate maybe 3-4 and left the rest on the plate for whoever wants to hear them up later.

I take kid to school and come home to find an empty plate and the dog licking his chops.

Here I thought he was too old to get on the table. Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Fuck I feel like pancakes now.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
No pancakes for you.

Time for more facebook joy. But first, the backstory. The other day I'm drawing my Gwynnies and she ate my pastel. Due to lack of foresight the whole project got delayed until more funding arrives. And, genius Hobo that I am, I decide to make another Gwynnies on another wall, life sized, despite the fact that it always ends in tears. Thus, this morning's status:

Dang Gwynnies! My lust needs an on/off switch, I fucking swear! OK, John, how do we count to four? 1... 2... 4.... Well, there goes a fucking perfect hour of absurdity that began absurd, ended absurd; and slipped off into the void in between.
‪#‎FML‬

I was in tears. Weeping

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Quote:No pancakes for you.

You're so mean to me HoC. Weeping
22-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Ted Cruz was on Stephen Colbert's show last night. All of about six people clapped for him when he came on stage (compared to the house nearly coming down for Bernie Sanders the other night Laughat ). Stephen asked a few tough questions, but in a fluffy way. All these things make me smile, but when the crowd started booing him when the topic turned to gay marriage, Stephen earnestly told the crowd to stop booing. The man was his guest whether you liked what he had to say or not. I thought it was a smart and classy move. If he wants to be able to discuss topics with people who disagree, he needs to keep the setting civil.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post