Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-09-2015, 04:22 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(25-09-2015 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 10:22 AM)julep Wrote:  Got called miss instead of ma'am at the convenience store this morning.

Is there a problem with the title ma'am, mis'am?
Nope. But as other female posters noted, it's young(er) women tend to get called Miss. I've always looked young, and being "Miss"ed and "Honey"ed and "Sweetheart"ed annoyed me to no end…until that stopped pretty much entirely and I seemed to be living fully in ma'am land. Gravitas is great, but so is Miss, now that I'm on the north side of 50.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
26-09-2015, 04:40 AM
(26-09-2015 04:22 AM)julep Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Is there a problem with the title ma'am, mis'am?
Nope. But as other female posters noted, it's young(er) women tend to get called Miss. I've always looked young, and being "Miss"ed and "Honey"ed and "Sweetheart"ed annoyed me to no end…until that stopped pretty much entirely and I seemed to be living fully in ma'am land. Gravitas is great, but so is Miss, now that I'm on the north side of 50.

Sweetheart. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-09-2015, 05:06 AM
(26-09-2015 04:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:22 AM)julep Wrote:  Nope. But as other female posters noted, it's young(er) women tend to get called Miss. I've always looked young, and being "Miss"ed and "Honey"ed and "Sweetheart"ed annoyed me to no end…until that stopped pretty much entirely and I seemed to be living fully in ma'am land. Gravitas is great, but so is Miss, now that I'm on the north side of 50.

Sweetheart. Angel

Miss Sweetheart. Big Grin
[+] 8 users Like julep's post
26-09-2015, 05:13 AM
Random useless fact.

Within the Scientology ranks both men and women are referred to as mister.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-09-2015, 07:20 AM
(26-09-2015 04:22 AM)julep Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Is there a problem with the title ma'am, mis'am?

The owner of the mexican restaurant I go to all the time calls all women "Lady." Now that he knows me, he calls me "Lady Jenny." It's kind of cute, actually Big Grin

The guy at the Starbucks calls everyone Miss (regardless of age). He always racks up the tips Tongue

I get called "Sweetheart" a lot. Unless, you're my boyfriend, don't. Just don't.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-09-2015, 08:22 AM
(26-09-2015 07:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:22 AM)julep Wrote:  Nope. But as other female posters noted, it's young(er) women tend to get called Miss. I've always looked young, and being "Miss"ed and "Honey"ed and "Sweetheart"ed annoyed me to no end…until that stopped pretty much entirely and I seemed to be living fully in ma'am land. Gravitas is great, but so is Miss, now that I'm on the north side of 50.

The owner of the mexican restaurant I go to all the time calls all women "Lady." Now that he knows me, he calls me "Lady Jenny." It's kind of cute, actually Big Grin

The guy at the Starbucks calls everyone Miss (regardless of age). He always racks up the tips Tongue

I get called "Sweetheart" a lot. Unless, you're my boyfriend, don't. Just don't.

But ... but ... we luvz you, sweetheart. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
26-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Money coming in from a consulting job.

Actually, that's not so small. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
26-09-2015, 08:24 AM
(26-09-2015 08:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 07:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The owner of the mexican restaurant I go to all the time calls all women "Lady." Now that he knows me, he calls me "Lady Jenny." It's kind of cute, actually Big Grin

But ... but ... we luvz you, sweetheart. Big Grin

Tongue
26-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Hmm.

I've never really got the hang of sweetheart and darling and the like... I think if I ever used them it'd sound forced... Mind you, I'd sweetheart Jenny or Nurse or any of a number of the hot young ladies of TTA if I thought it'd get me anywhere Tongue Feckin' Atlantic ocean. Always getting in the way Angry Cockblock of note.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Just booked Rev's flight to Texas!!! Big Grin

[+] 7 users Like Escape Artist's post