RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(21-10-2015 07:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 06:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Cutest thing ever

You care to defend that statement, sir?

Have at thee!

[Image: suesse-und-lustige-tiere-62_58.jpg]

I rest my case

[Image: widescreen-desktop-wallpaper-Cute-rabbit...-32511.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
21-10-2015, 08:57 AM
(21-10-2015 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 07:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Bunnies around here get their hearts eaten out by Violent. Evil_monster

You should probably explain that Violent is not your nickname.

I've got yer bunny right here - CAUTION - not cute. Tongue
[Image: 3XAy0Q9.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-10-2015, 09:22 AM
I have no idea where to post this but this looks like the best place. Here's a gal that was born with a very rare syndrome and is making the best of things. There seems to be only three people on earth with this condition.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-10-2015, 09:28 AM
When I read or witness something that attest to the good nature of man as opposed to the negative nature we would often expect.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
22-10-2015, 08:39 AM
While looking for a birthday card I came across this...cracked me up. Seems we are making in-roads into the industry.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
22-10-2015, 08:45 AM
(21-10-2015 09:22 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have no idea where to post this but this looks like the best place. Here's a gal that was born with a very rare syndrome and is making the best of things. There seems to be only three people on earth with this condition.

I love her--a truly, amazing person in every imaginable way.
22-10-2015, 09:00 AM
On my way home from work there was a car accident slowing up the interstate. An old truck died while sitting in traffic in the second to the left lane (for you silly Europeans that drive on the wrong side of the road as opposed to the right - he had to get his vehicle to the far right hand side), further blocking things up (six lanes on the southbound side).

Two random guys pulled over, stopped traffic, and then pushed the truck to the side of the road for the elderly man. Within seconds of getting him to the side, they ran back to their truck. I seriously doubt the driver even had a chance to say thank you. It was pretty awesome to see random strangers do an act of kindness like that. What they did was actually pretty dangerous.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
22-10-2015, 11:04 AM
[Image: wDQTVqG.png]

Fucking Bing. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-10-2015, 12:37 PM
(22-10-2015 09:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  On my way home from work there was a car accident slowing up the interstate. An old truck died while sitting in traffic in the second to the left lane (for you silly Europeans that drive on the wrong side of the road as opposed to the right - he had to get his vehicle to the far right hand side), further blocking things up (six lanes on the southbound side).

Two random guys pulled over, stopped traffic, and then pushed the truck to the side of the road for the elderly man. Within seconds of getting him to the side, they ran back to their truck. I seriously doubt the driver even had a chance to say thank you. It was pretty awesome to see random strangers do an act of kindness like that. What they did was actually pretty dangerous.
I'm that guy. I cannot imagine doing otherwise.
Monday an older fellow in a pickup was stalled, uphill and turning left on a 55 MPH state highway. I was back several cars. Folks started to pass him on the shoulder. All he wanted to do was roll back onto that shoulder and get out of the way.
I drove past and into a driveway, and came back and flagged traffic so he could get safely out of the way. His truck had overheated and he was electing to wait there a while and then drive the short distance home.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I've stopped my car in traffic on a bridge to rescue a turtle that had tried to cross and wound up going along the bridge because of the concrete barriers on the sides of the bridge. My girlfriend kept screaming at me that I was insane.

Last night I picked up two traveling hobo kids (and a really adorable dog named Zen) I met at a gas station near St. Louis (2+ hrs north of me), let them stay the night in my guestroom, and then drove them back to the Interstate on the edge of town this morning so they could continue their journey south toward New Orleans. One of 'em had busted shoes so I gave him a pair and gave 'em both a fresh pack of socks and a thermal knit shirt because the weather is getting colder. Nice kids.

Humans have to be good to each other. We're all we've got.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post