Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-03-2013, 05:50 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(30-03-2013 05:34 AM)Rosetta Wrote:  Listening to the radio by a open fire on a cold rainy night

Indoor fire or outdoor?

Just checking.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-03-2013, 05:54 PM
While going through the garage with my mum today (helping her get ready for a garage sale, she has a very serious back injury and needs lots of help) We ran across a lot of things that belonged to my grandparents. It brought up some lovely memories of them.

[Image: IMAG0082.jpg]

My grandpa was an amazing photographer. These are from one of the many competitions he entered. First place each one, 5 years in a row. Smile

[Image: IMAG0083.jpg]

My grandmother, in her younger days, was a radio dj back in Kansas. One of her many hats. Smile

Something that truly made me smile today. They were amazing people. I sure do miss them.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2013, 07:32 PM
(30-03-2013 05:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While going through the garage with my mum today (helping her get ready for a garage sale, she has a very serious back injury and needs lots of help) We ran across a lot of things that belonged to my grandparents. It brought up some lovely memories of them.

[Image: IMAG0082.jpg]

My grandpa was an amazing photographer. These are from one of the many competitions he entered. First place each one, 5 years in a row. Smile

[Image: IMAG0083.jpg]

My grandmother, in her younger days, was a radio dj back in Kansas. One of her many hats. Smile

Something that truly made me smile today. They were amazing people. I sure do miss them.

This post.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Brought all three pups to the vet today for checkups and shots...other than Chopper being a bit plump since his fixing last year, all are healthy!

There was a man there that was having to have his dog put down, made me appreciate all the more that mine are doing well.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-03-2013, 07:53 PM
(30-03-2013 05:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 05:34 AM)Rosetta Wrote:  Listening to the radio by a open fire on a cold rainy night

Indoor fire or outdoor?

Just checking.

Indoor unless camping then out door
31-03-2013, 08:19 PM
(31-03-2013 07:53 PM)Rosetta Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 05:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Indoor fire or outdoor?

Just checking.

Indoor unless camping then out door

.... if I start a fire outside, I'd likely be arrested....

Stupid dry climate...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-03-2013, 10:49 PM
(31-03-2013 08:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:53 PM)Rosetta Wrote:  Indoor unless camping then out door

.... if I start a fire outside, I'd likely be arrested....

Stupid dry climate...

That is why you can get a fire pit put in or go to a camp site that lets you have a camp fire. You do need a permit for most fire related things here and that may be different where you live.

Fire season would be the only time having a permit wouldn't really apply....
31-03-2013, 11:08 PM
(31-03-2013 10:49 PM)Rosetta Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 08:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  .... if I start a fire outside, I'd likely be arrested....

Stupid dry climate...

That is why you can get a fire pit put in or go to a camp site that lets you have a camp fire. You do need a permit for most fire related things here and that may be different where you live.

Fire season would be the only time having a permit wouldn't really apply....

Who said anything about camping? I just really like fire.

Too bad the Adelaide Hills are so damn flammable..

not as flammable as some places in the country though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-04-2013, 02:11 AM
[Image: WaY0vWU.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Rosetta's post
02-04-2013, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:06 PM by Vera.)
Samoa Air boss defends charging passengers by weight.
This made me giggle like... well, like someone that giggles... [Image: giggle.gif] (If this gets implemented by other companies, Americans will probably stop going on what little international trips they do go... Well, sorry, this just had to be said.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user