Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-10-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(22-10-2015 01:11 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've stopped my car in traffic on a bridge to rescue a turtle that had tried to cross and wound up going along the bridge because of the concrete barriers on the sides of the bridge. My girlfriend kept screaming at me that I was insane.

Last night I picked up two traveling hobo kids (and a really adorable dog named Zen) I met at a gas station near St. Louis (2+ hrs north of me), let them stay the night in my guestroom, and then drove them back to the Interstate on the edge of town this morning so they could continue their journey south toward New Orleans. One of 'em had busted shoes so I gave him a pair and gave 'em both a fresh pack of socks and a thermal knit shirt because the weather is getting colder. Nice kids.

Humans have to be good to each other. We're all we've got.

Hey now, humans have more than humans.

We've got dogs too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-10-2015, 02:04 PM
(22-10-2015 01:11 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've stopped my car in traffic on a bridge to rescue a turtle that had tried to cross and wound up going along the bridge because of the concrete barriers on the sides of the bridge. My girlfriend kept screaming at me that I was insane.

Last night I picked up two traveling hobo kids (and a really adorable dog named Zen) I met at a gas station near St. Louis (2+ hrs north of me), let them stay the night in my guestroom, and then drove them back to the Interstate on the edge of town this morning so they could continue their journey south toward New Orleans. One of 'em had busted shoes so I gave him a pair and gave 'em both a fresh pack of socks and a thermal knit shirt because the weather is getting colder. Nice kids.

I. . . I think I love you.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
22-10-2015, 03:12 PM
I got a new Facebook friend out of the deal, and I get to keep track of where these guys go and what they do. They live a fascinating life. One kid had a shotgun shell through his gauged earlobe, something I'd never seen before.

You might follow them on Facebook and offer a roof, a meal, and a hot shower if they pass your way. That'd be something most of you could do, at some point, since they travel all over the country.

https://www.facebook.com/hank.vanwitzenburg

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
23-10-2015, 07:15 AM
My new nickname at work.

[Image: Vbmp6sx.jpg]

You make one joke about IT infrastructure being held together by duct tape and baling wire...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-10-2015, 01:38 PM
(23-10-2015 07:15 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  My new nickname at work.

[Image: Vbmp6sx.jpg]

You make one joke about IT infrastructure being held together by duct tape and baling wire...

Sir, have you tried turning your name off and then on again?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-10-2015, 04:14 PM

I wish I could do that for people. I'm still too afraid of ending up trying to help the wrong person who might hurt me or take advantage of me. I know it's probably not likely to happen, but it's just such an ingrained idea in our culture, that strangers - and especially those who are poor- are going to hurt you to get what they want. More and more I see the good in people, and always assume people are genuinely good with good intentions instead of bad, but man it is hard sometimes. (Edit to add, my signature is truer and truer every day) So, thanks for doing what I haven't yet built the courage to do myself Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Angie let the emus out. Big Grin
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-corral-emu...d=34667109

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Son is learning that home ownership (being the adult in charge), and having a kid around, is not as easy as it looks.

So far one toilet in his house has been plugged with massive amounts of toilet paper, a towel rack has been torn from the wall, a toilet seat has been broken, and the girlfriend's dog is christening the carpet.

A trip to Home Depot is planned for tomorrow so my husband can help him get the repair supplies needed and will then supervise the repairs.

May take a while to get the smile off my face...how's that reality feeling son? teehee

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 05:17 PM
(20-10-2015 07:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 07:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  He was a brat. Maybe he's improved subsequently. Every now and then he says something intelligent. Then he opens his goddamn mouth again.

He's a smart little fuck. Unfortunately he seems to use it for trollish behavior. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Undecided
Getting called smart by someone who obviously doesn't like me cheered me right up.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 2 users Like Res Publica's post
26-10-2015, 08:30 AM
He was going to show his friend,the Labrador down the street, his Halloween costume

[Image: image_zpsmalqallw.jpeg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post