Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-11-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Today I took an exam, and I think I managed to not completely fail, but that's not important. These things however...

On the exam was the following question:

Those most likely to pass on a lethal allele are:
A) Naturally selected
B) Lucky
C) Homozygous dominant
D) Homozygous recessive
E) Heterozygous

Also, on the bus ride home, I saw a big German Shepard carrying what appeared to be a half a brick in his mouth from around a construction site.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2015, 08:50 PM
(08-11-2015 08:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today I took an exam, and I think I managed to not completely fail, but that's not important. These things however...

On the exam was the following question:

Those most likely to pass on a lethal allele are:
A) Naturally selected
B) Lucky
C) Homozygous dominant
D) Homozygous recessive
E) Heterozygous

Also, on the bus ride home, I saw a big German Shepard carrying what appeared to be a half a brick in his mouth from around a construction site.

D, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2015, 08:53 PM
I was thinking E. If it was D wouldn't it be dead, and therefore not passing on its genes?

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
08-11-2015, 09:09 PM
(08-11-2015 08:53 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I was thinking E. If it was D wouldn't it be dead, and therefore not passing on its genes?

That was my logic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-11-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm nowhere near being an expert, but I thought D, too. I just know a bit from a molecular biologist buddy a while back.
08-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-11-2015, 10:30 PM
The armored skeptic. He rocks and is funny.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
08-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Don't we have any biologists here now I really want to know the answer.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
08-11-2015, 11:23 PM
(08-11-2015 10:56 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Don't we have any biologists here now I really want to know the answer.

Ghostexorcist studies paleoanthropology, so he's kind of like a biologist.

And I'm just sitting here being a first-year ethology student.

08-11-2015, 11:49 PM
It's those *most likely*. Gotta be heterozygous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.