Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-11-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(08-11-2015 11:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 10:56 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Don't we have any biologists here now I really want to know the answer.

Ghostexorcist studies paleoanthropology, so he's kind of like a biologist.

And I'm just sitting here being a first-year ethology student.

Genes are not really a strong suit of mine. I'm more about the bones and the primate behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 07:33 AM
(08-11-2015 08:53 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I was thinking E. If it was D wouldn't it be dead, and therefore not passing on its genes?

That was my guess; for both C and D the carrier has two copies of the lethal gene and so not as likely to live to reproduce. The heterozygous individual would have a better chance of living long enough to pass it on.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
(08-11-2015 10:56 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Don't we have any biologists here now I really want to know the answer.

E. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2015, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 03:38 PM by Free Thought.)
That's it! I'm taking this to Quora!

I'm still betting on E. But it's not like I have a choice since that was the answer I put down...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2015, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 03:49 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(08-11-2015 08:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today I took an exam, and I think I managed to not completely fail, but that's not important. These things however...

On the exam was the following question:

Those most likely to pass on a lethal allele are:
A) Naturally selected
B) Lucky
C) Homozygous dominant
D) Homozygous recessive
E) Heterozygous

Also, on the bus ride home, I saw a big German Shepard carrying what appeared to be a half a brick in his mouth from around a construction site.

nah its E

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-11-2015, 04:19 PM
(09-11-2015 03:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 08:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today I took an exam, and I think I managed to not completely fail, but that's not important. These things however...

On the exam was the following question:

Those most likely to pass on a lethal allele are:
A) Naturally selected
B) Lucky
C) Homozygous dominant
D) Homozygous recessive
E) Heterozygous

Also, on the bus ride home, I saw a big German Shepard carrying what appeared to be a half a brick in his mouth from around a construction site.

nah its E

That seems to be the consensus of the two people who have answered the question on Quora as of writing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2015, 04:25 PM
A clean bill of health for my wife on her colonoscopy. Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
09-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Last Saturday I found out exactly how much weight I've lost. 40 kilos! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-11-2015, 04:31 PM
(09-11-2015 04:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A clean bill of health for my wife on her colonoscopy. Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

I was told this and then told "See you in three years".6 months later I discovered I had very serious cancer. Colonoscopies are virtually useless. Be wary. I have no faith in them other than they are fun to watch on the monitor. A bit like some weird Star Trek episode.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-11-2015, 04:32 PM
(09-11-2015 04:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Last Saturday I found out exactly how much weight I've lost. 40 kilos! Smile

By the gods, what's your secret?! Hobo