Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-12-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(02-12-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 05:16 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Anjele and Girly in the ranting thread. I love you guys. (^_^)

Girly and I get into some crazy stuff sometimes...just do this... Bangin if we get out of control. Tongue
I love out of control. And I love crazy. (^___^)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-12-2015, 06:17 AM
When my dentist and I talk about the tooth he just pulled from my mouth and he goes:

- Well except from the hole it's a very pretty tooth.

And I just stare at the monstrosity that once resided in my mouth and think to myself; he might have been too deep in his drug cabinet.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-12-2015, 06:25 AM
My neighbor, across the street, with his arm in a gopher hole. All the way up to his shoulder no less. 11 gopher holes this morning. Hoping they don't decide to cross the street.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
04-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Spent time with family, and it didn't suck for once, and for no reason it reminds me of the worst shit Terry ever was a part of.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
05-12-2015, 07:56 AM
My cat likes to sleep in the laundry basket I keep on top of the dryer. The door to the laundry room is usually open but I closed it last night so we wouldn't hear the washer running.

I was in the kitchen and heard a thump. I looked around the pantry door and found him head-butting the laundry room door. I opened it and he jumped up into the basket and went to sleep.

Silly cat. Wink

I no longer wonder who is charge around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
05-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Scott Simon on Saturday AM NPR ... had a short piece about "the power of prayer" (or not). In response to recent events and shootings, he quoted a couple politicians saying "keep them in your thoughts and prayers", and THEN (!) quoted a few other politicians who actually said "If you think talking to the voice in your head is going to do anything, you're sadly mistaken ... how about instead actually DO something".

Can't imagine even 10 years ago, that sort of piece would have even been possible.
Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Anyone who's so lazy as to tell you they'll help you by "praying for you" - is probably so fucking lazy they don't even do THAT.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-12-2015, 09:40 AM
(05-12-2015 09:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Scott Simon on Saturday AM NPR ... had a short piece about "the power of prayer" (or not). In response to recent events and shootings, he quoted a couple politicians saying "keep them in your thoughts and prayers", and THEN (!) quoted a few other politicians who actually said "If you think talking to the voice in your head is going to do anything, you're sadly mistaken ... how about instead actually DO something".

Can't imagine even 10 years ago, that sort of piece would have even been possible.
Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

The editorial

I had a different take on it. He mentioned that reaction but then went on to defend prayer.

Quote:I think a lot of people who pray don't think of it as a replacement for deeds, or an occasion to utter a gift list of desires. They pray to open their minds and hearts. They pray when words won't come, and emotions overwhelm. They pray to mark a loss, and to try to make a moment of peace in a landscape of turmoil. They don't see prayer as a substitute for action, but the beginning. The merit of prayer is what people do after we say Amen.

I agree that it is good that the anti-religious view was at least mentioned but I disliked what I saw as his attempt to marginalize that view and defend the calls for prayer.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-12-2015, 11:33 AM
This morning. My crazy silly two boys. Bacon. Cinnamon rolls. Breakfast hash. Cooking up all of that. Warmish weather.......that's all I got for now. Smile

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Baby hobbit discovering a love for dancing. So freaking cute!
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post