Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-01-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Jury duty, 8:30am Monday.

Hope I wake up in time to have my shit together .... enough to make it to the coffee shop to whine & commiserate ... before the possibility of sitting through 4 hours of skull pounding boredom. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2016, 03:59 PM
(08-01-2016 02:09 PM)kim Wrote:  Jury duty, 8:30am Monday.

Hope I wake up in time to have my shit together .... enough to make it to the coffee shop to whine & commiserate ... before the possibility of sitting through 4 hours of skull pounding boredom. Shy

Take a book. Most people just sit there and wait for (and never get put on) a case.
Some places have their poop together and know their lawyer's schedules. When I got called, went 1 day, got sent home at noon, day two they said don't come back till Thursday, and then they had a number to call on Thursday PM that said, "don't come tomorrow, you're done, thanks for serving".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-01-2016, 02:38 AM

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-01-2016, 04:58 AM
Oh man, I almost forgot this video:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-01-2016, 05:00 AM
OH MY GOOOOOD, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Watching a father and his little daughter stomp in puddles while getting my coffee this am. Heart
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
09-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Just watched a show on ID called 'Murder Comes to Town'. The police chief's name is Tom Mulder. I jokingly said that I know a Tom Mulder. I actually do though it's been years since I have seen him...his younger brother is my age and we were friends in HS and are friends on Facebook after many years of lost contact.

I kept looking at the face and eyes of this police chief...I finally had to check...I do know 'that' Tom Mulder. How crazy to randomly see someone from my teens on TV - crazier still - he's a cop! Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-01-2016, 07:12 PM
My kid just played a concert. Last movement of Firebird, Copland Outdoor Overture, lots of solos, he did great. We were proud. That's happened lots of times.

First time: we are coming down a staircase, my son is standing waiting for us in the lobby. A random audience member comes up to him and says, "First bassoon, right? Your solo was incredible!"

That made me so happy.
[+] 9 users Like julep's post
09-01-2016, 07:28 PM
This guy.... Blush
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
09-01-2016, 07:37 PM
(09-01-2016 07:12 PM)julep Wrote:  My kid just played a concert. Last movement of Firebird, Copland Outdoor Overture, lots of solos, he did great. We were proud. That's happened lots of times.

First time: we are coming down a staircase, my son is standing waiting for us in the lobby. A random audience member comes up to him and says, "First bassoon, right? Your solo was incredible!"

That made me so happy.

ClapClapClap

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post