Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-01-2016, 06:26 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Finally got to see Star Wars the other day.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
24-01-2016, 08:27 PM
I've always liked big empty spaces. So this made me smile. Peak stuff. Thumbsup
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/22/464013718/...peak-stuff

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2016, 04:55 PM
My 75yo neighbor thought he could dig himself out of 30" of snow to go see his wife in the hospital. He was wrong. Collapsed after the first shovelful. My boys ran out and picked him and put him in a chair in his garage. Then they dug him out. 20 minutes later his driveway was clear and he had recovered enough to go see his wife (hope he gets himself checked out while he's there). "Don't let anyone tell you was raised wrong just 'cause you're atheists. This atheist raised you right." Warmed me cockles.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-01-2016, 01:44 PM
(25-01-2016 04:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My 75yo neighbor thought he could dig himself out of 30" of snow to go see his wife in the hospital. He was wrong. Collapsed after the first shovelful. My boys ran out and picked him and put him in a chair in his garage. Then they dug him out. 20 minutes later his driveway was clear and he had recovered enough to go see his wife (hope he gets himself checked out while he's there). "Don't let anyone tell you was raised wrong just 'cause you're atheists. This atheist raised you right." Warmed me cockles.

You got more than one cockle? Shocking Worship Slaves

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
26-01-2016, 01:48 PM
(26-01-2016 01:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 04:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My 75yo neighbor thought he could dig himself out of 30" of snow to go see his wife in the hospital. He was wrong. Collapsed after the first shovelful. My boys ran out and picked him and put him in a chair in his garage. Then they dug him out. 20 minutes later his driveway was clear and he had recovered enough to go see his wife (hope he gets himself checked out while he's there). "Don't let anyone tell you was raised wrong just 'cause you're atheists. This atheist raised you right." Warmed me cockles.

I wuz just thinking... cockle warmers could be a thing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-01-2016, 01:52 PM
(26-01-2016 01:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

He's got four. You do too. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-01-2016, 02:04 PM
(26-01-2016 01:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 01:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You got more than one cockle? Shocking Worship Slaves

I wuz just thinking... cockle warmers could be a thing.

Where do I sign up? Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-01-2016, 02:05 PM
(26-01-2016 01:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 01:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You got more than one cockle? Shocking Worship Slaves

He's got four. You do too. Yes

Spoil sport. Tongue

28-01-2016, 04:58 PM
My husband didn't believe that there are actually people who truly think the earth is flat. I told him that it's completely true, there's a lot of people who are certain the earth is flat. I explained that some people just can't grasp concepts beyond what they can see right in front of their faces.

He said he's suprised any of them can grasp a sandwich in order to feed themselves. Laugh out load and I laughed and laughed Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
28-01-2016, 05:01 PM
(28-01-2016 04:58 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My husband didn't believe that there are actually people who truly think the earth is flat. I told him that it's completely true, there's a lot of people who are certain the earth is flat. I explained that some people just can't grasp concepts beyond what they can see right in front of their faces.

He said he's suprised any of them can grasp a sandwich in order to feed themselves. Laugh out load and I laughed and laughed Laugh out load

Talking about B.o.B?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze