RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
[Image: 9nLN3hv.jpg?1]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Nothing better than a little kid having fun to make a person smile. I grilled a couple of lamb legs on a spit today. Tasty, though it got a bit overdone. We gave our dogs (a chihuahua and a Maltese) each a bone to chew. They were so full of antics, running around with that big bone in their mouths, it was hilarious. My wife and I are starting to acknowledge that we may be dead before we see any grandchildren. Undecided
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
28-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Found out I can go to the Comcast xfinity tv website and through the internet will detect we have Comcast tv and will let me stream tv shows, movies and live tv on my computer.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
28-03-2016, 06:57 PM
saw a little girl in her yard, maybe ten, with her pup. he was a shepherd mix of some sort and she was carrying him around the middle in a big hug, "my baby".
You could almost see him growing, and imagined her doing that till she could no longer get his back toes off the ground.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
29-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I have been in somewhat of a funk for the last few days, and my parrot can sense my distress. For three days, he’s glued himself to my shoulder and has offered me snuggles and affection. He’s lovingly preened my hair and courteously gone to the perch to take his craps (as opposed to doing on my shirt.)

Okay, so he’s also been stomping all over my keyboard, demanding food off my plate and tossing my pencils, mouse and papers on the floor… He literally chewed up and crapped on my homework, but I firmly believe he’s doing it out of love and a desire to be there for me.

I love pets!
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
30-03-2016, 05:51 AM
(29-03-2016 07:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I have been in somewhat of a funk for the last few days, and my parrot can sense my distress. For three days, he’s glued himself to my shoulder and has offered me snuggles and affection. He’s lovingly preened my hair and courteously gone to the perch to take his craps (as opposed to doing on my shirt.)

Okay, so he’s also been stomping all over my keyboard, demanding food off my plate and tossing my pencils, mouse and papers on the floor… He literally chewed up and crapped on my homework, but I firmly believe he’s doing it out of love and a desire to be there for me.

I love pets!

I have an african grey parrot. We both know that while they can be affectionate, all parrots are very demanding of attention and highly food motivated. I think your bird feels that you are not paying enough attention and also wants your food.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
30-03-2016, 11:28 AM
(30-03-2016 05:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 07:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I have been in somewhat of a funk for the last few days, and my parrot can sense my distress. For three days, he’s glued himself to my shoulder and has offered me snuggles and affection. He’s lovingly preened my hair and courteously gone to the perch to take his craps (as opposed to doing on my shirt.)

I love pets!

I have an african grey parrot. We both know that while they can be affectionate, all parrots are very demanding of attention and highly food motivated. I think your bird feels that you are not paying enough attention and also wants your food.

Then his need for extra attention is nicely timed around my mood. Actually, the reason I chose the grey was because I couldn't give the time and attention to a Velcro-bird like a cockatoo. My grey hangs out with me whenever I'm home and he comes seeking scratches when he wants them. He just doesn't generally like to be showered with affection. He needs his space. Usually.

At any rate, I'm enjoying the snuggles.
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM
We have a pair of mallard ducks who have appeared in our pool every spring for the last few years. They hang out a while and then move on. Of course, they drive the dogs nuts.

I let Lady and Karm out today not realizing the ducks were out there. They were running around the pool and barking and trying their best to get rid of those damn ducks. Of course, the ducks just move to the middle of the pool.

Ziggy was running around though not sure why...just doing what the other dogs were doing. After the ducks flew off I heard...brrr...rrrrr....rrrr....rrrr. He was a little late and little less ferocious with the bark but he sure was serious about it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2016, 05:43 PM
One of these things is not like the others...as you can see the girls longingly, and calmly, look outside while the whirling dervish does what he does. Ziggy is a wild child!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2016, 06:01 PM
(02-04-2016 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  One of these things is not like the others...as you can see the girls longingly, and calmly, look outside while the whirling dervish does what he does. Ziggy is a wild child!

You have a little handful, I see...but so adorable too.Heart
When he is older, I bet he will settle down, at least a little.Big Grin
I have forgotten how busy puppies can be, it has been over 13 years since I have had a puppy around. One of the cats I have adopted is young and she runs around a lot like your Ziggy- she is our little wild child.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel