Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-04-2016, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 08:24 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Coffee... I had a coffee..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I made a treat for the parrots...I used to make it a lot and am not sure why I forgot about it...they are currently enjoying cornbread baked with the eggshells broken up in and about a cup of mixed vegetables added. They are loving it. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2016, 11:58 AM
(02-04-2016 06:47 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Coffee... I had a coffee..

Yeah I saw the original post. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Heavy globs of snow blowing off the trees, hitting my car like a rock. Happy to see it exploding into little cottony puffs.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
(03-04-2016 12:35 PM)julep Wrote:  Heavy globs of snow blowing off the trees, hitting my car like a rock. Happy to see it exploding into little cottony puffs.
Great, even the trees get more action than me.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-04-2016, 03:16 PM
(03-04-2016 02:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 12:35 PM)julep Wrote:  Heavy globs of snow blowing off the trees, hitting my car like a rock. Happy to see it exploding into little cottony puffs.
Great, even the trees get more action than me.

The trees in Texas are already spraying their jizz on everything. Fucking cut the pollen with a knife here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2016, 03:19 PM
(03-04-2016 03:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 02:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Great, even the trees get more action than me.

The trees in Texas are already spraying their jizz on everything. Fucking cut the pollen with a knife here.

Yabut, the sage in bloom is like perfume...deep in the heart of Texas. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Got my birthday free dinner card at my favorite local chicken restaurant. Score!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
(02-04-2016 06:01 PM)carol Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  One of these things is not like the others...as you can see the girls longingly, and calmly, look outside while the whirling dervish does what he does. Ziggy is a wild child!

You have a little handful, I see...but so adorable too.Heart
When he is older, I bet he will settle down, at least a little.Big Grin
I have forgotten how busy puppies can be, it has been over 13 years since I have had a puppy around. One of the cats I have adopted is young and she runs around a lot like your Ziggy- she is our little wild child.

Not every dog settles down. My dog is about 9 years old now and can still wear puppies out. She is on a very good diet and still lays down with her rear legs stretched out behind her, which is something not many older dogs can do.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
04-04-2016, 02:21 PM
We're getting back into the small farm business. Dad is going to teach me the business side of it. All I knew as a little girl was don't raise your hand or scratch your chin or nose or nod your head at the sale barn or you were buying yourself a cow. We've been leasing out our pastures since we sold off all of our cattle in the 90s to move to Virginia. The lease will not be renewed next year.

I put in my applications to work here in North Alabama again. I'll be getting some pullets this year as soon as I'm back - the ones my dad wants have already sold out. I'll also be doing work in the bee yards. Yesterday I finished tilling the garden with the tractor. Dad put my son on it and let him steer it - sooooo cute.

I'm excited. I know my parents are doing this to give me something to look forward to on my off days when I don't have my son. Fresh air and working with my hands probably will help me kick this funk I'm in. I'm super excited about my son getting his hands dirty and the joys of raising animals and growing our own fruits and veggies. He's a huge animal lover.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post