Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-04-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(04-04-2016 02:21 PM)Nurse Wrote:  We're getting back into the small farm business. Dad is going to teach me the business side of it. All I knew as a little girl was don't raise your hand or scratch your chin or nose or nod your head at the sale barn or you were buying yourself a cow. We've been leasing out our pastures since we sold off all of our cattle in the 90s to move to Virginia. The lease will not be renewed next year.

I put in my applications to work here in North Alabama again. I'll be getting some pullets this year as soon as I'm back - the ones my dad wants have already sold out. I'll also be doing work in the bee yards. Yesterday I finished tilling the garden with the tractor. Dad put my son on it and let him steer it - sooooo cute.

I'm excited. I know my parents are doing this to give me something to look forward to on my off days when I don't have my son. Fresh air and working with my hands probably will help me kick this funk I'm in. I'm super excited about my son getting his hands dirty and the joys of raising animals and growing our own fruits and veggies. He's a huge animal lover.

Well, enjoy the Green Acres then.Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
05-04-2016, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 04:14 PM by Anjele.)
Lady has not been a fan of the new puppy. Last night he jumped up on the couch beside her and instead of snarling and snapping at him, she cleaned his face.

Tonight she decided she wanted to play with him. She pounced at him a couple times...he sat down and looked at her kind of confused. A couple more pounces and they were off chasing each other and playing.

It looks like she is starting to accept his presence. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 11 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Midgets.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2016, 06:52 AM
The ASPCA commercial is on, and my Jack Russell is sitting on his butt so sad. He completely picks up on the somber tone and the sad animals. Seconds earlier he was up and growling and pacing while watching a show about the African bush with wild dogs and lions on it. The predators disturb him but in a different way.
When Doctor Pohl is on he is quite happy.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
06-04-2016, 10:27 AM
(06-04-2016 06:52 AM)skyking Wrote:  The ASPCA commercial is on, and my Jack Russell is sitting on his butt so sad. He completely picks up on the somber tone and the sad animals. Seconds earlier he was up and growling and pacing while watching a show about the African bush with wild dogs and lions on it. The predators disturb him but in a different way.
When Doctor Pohl is on he is quite happy.

I find it funny how dogs can watch tv. The dog my wife and I have is the first I ever had that will actually watch tv.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
06-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Got results from my mammogram and ultrasound today. I dont have cancer.

Its been a rough week. Sad
[+] 7 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2016, 01:53 PM
sorry It's been rough but I do like the news!
06-04-2016, 02:52 PM
(06-04-2016 01:53 PM)skyking Wrote:  sorry It's been rough but I do like the news!

Thank you!
07-04-2016, 01:39 PM
I made a couple baby friends at the park yesterday

[Image: DSC_0319.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-04-2016, 08:50 PM
It's National Beer Day you morons.
I have to remind you about national Talk Like a Pirate Day ... now this.
Do I have to do everything ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post