RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Joined a gym! Bonus it has a kids care centre. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
11-04-2016, 02:36 PM
(11-04-2016 11:40 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 10:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  At the grocery store a woman shopping with an exhausted, overwrought baby screaming throughout the store. She said in a sing songy, high pitched tone (usually reserved for soothing)

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up."

I giggled.

Pity they don't make ball gags for babies.

I was in a grocery store awhile back and some kid was screaming at the top of her lungs. Mom could have been deaf, for all the response she showed. I told her, "Socks are on aisle 5". Based on her reaction, she could hear just fine. Tongue

It is amazing what you can learn to tune out. I have a macaw that screams when he feels like it and I can completely tune it out and still hear the television.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
11-04-2016, 05:37 PM
(11-04-2016 02:36 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 11:40 AM)Fireball Wrote:  I was in a grocery store awhile back and some kid was screaming at the top of her lungs. Mom could have been deaf, for all the response she showed. I told her, "Socks are on aisle 5". Based on her reaction, she could hear just fine. Tongue

It is amazing what you can learn to tune out. I have a macaw that screams when he feels like it and I can completely tune it out and still hear the television.

I'm wired a little tighter. I'd unscrew a bird's head if it did that in my house. Thus, no (big) birds in my house. I like zebra finches, they aren't too noisy. Laughat But they are so messy that my wife doesn't want them around.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
12-04-2016, 09:09 AM
(11-04-2016 05:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 02:36 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is amazing what you can learn to tune out. I have a macaw that screams when he feels like it and I can completely tune it out and still hear the television.

I'm wired a little tighter. I'd unscrew a bird's head if it did that in my house. Thus, no (big) birds in my house. I like zebra finches, they aren't too noisy. Laughat But they are so messy that my wife doesn't want them around.

It all depends. I raised a baby finch once. It was so tame that it liked to sit in your hand. Was training it to poop over a garbage can too. I so want another one.
12-04-2016, 10:29 AM
(11-04-2016 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Joined a gym! Bonus it has a kids care centre. Big Grin

I heard they charge extra for trainers for hobbits. Beware. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-04-2016, 10:36 AM
(12-04-2016 10:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Joined a gym! Bonus it has a kids care centre. Big Grin

WHAT! It should be half price.

=^_^=
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
12-04-2016, 11:21 AM
(12-04-2016 10:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

They called it the fuzzy feet tax! Weeping
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-04-2016, 12:35 PM
This thread just made me choke on some water, so close enough to a smile.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-04-2016, 01:43 PM
My house, yard, and car might be torn up but at least I have a couple days off of work. Wink

It's the little things...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
12-04-2016, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 04:10 PM by kim.)
Feel like I'm scrambling to get all my loose ends under control. So far, my year has begun fully entrenched in procrastination... something I'm not entirely used to. Whatever comes along, I like to assess the situation and get it done NOW. I find myself dragging my feet... I feel restless... as if I'm not quite in my own skin. Apprehensive seems to be a fair description.

Then, I come to this forum; names & personalities, new people, fights, hugs, laughs ... all so familiar... and I notice myself smiling.

Suddenly, I feel grounded and grateful for this place and everyone here. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post